Chapter 48

George stared after Bonnie as she wasted no time getting back to dancing with the other girls, as if she didn't just have her finger in the waistband of his trousers.
He stood up and giddily made his way back toward the group, eyes glued to Bonnie as she continued to move to the music thudding from the speaker. She had her back turned to him, but knew full well he was staring at her curves as she danced.

"You've done a really shit job at healing her George!"
Came Angelina's voice. She was pointing at Bonnie's arm, still scraped and bleeding a small amount.

"Oh... um... She was moving too much, couldn't get her to stay still enough to fix her up." He forced a small laugh to cover his embarrassment.
Truthfully he had forgotten all about her arm after she had touched him. Thoughts often escaped his mind whenever she was near.

"You guys! It's nearly midnight! 6 more minutes!" Lee shouted from by the table, pouring himself another cup of Whiskey.

The group cheered and refilled their drinks, ready to celebrate at the end of the countdown to the New Year.
George took a deep breath and tapped Bonnie on the shoulder. She turned to grin at him, hair slightly askew and eyes wide with happiness.

"I never fixed you up." He gestured at her arm.

"Nothing to fix Georgie, it's just a scrape! Why are you so concerned?" She giggled.
She had a point. It would likely turn out to be the tiniest of wounds once the excess blood was wiped away, and would be completely healed within a week all on its own.

He shrugged as Bonnie took each of his hands in her own and tugged, trying to tempt him into dancing. He shook his head, but she wouldn't give up.
Laughing, George let her guide him in a silly dance, holding each other's hands between them and twirling around.
Finally regathering his wits, George saw his moment to pull Bonnie by her arms, into his chest. She landed against him with the smallest of thuds, making them both laugh. He held her close as he snaked his arms around her waist. She did the same to him and lifted her head to look into the tall boys hazel eyes as he peered at her.

They smiled at each other silently for a moment as they continued to sway slowly to the music.

"You know, dad was telling me about a muggle tradition on New Years Eve." George began.

"Oh yeah? What tradition is that? I'm well versed in traditions, I might know it." She laughed.

Lee's booming voice interrupted.
"One more minute!" He yelled.

George smiled and rested his chin on her head.
"Well he was saying that when the countdown gets to 1 on New Year's Eve, the muggles will kiss the person they are with."

Bonnie giggled into his chest.
"I have heard of this one, practiced it a few times too." She moved her head to look back up at him once again, a cheeky look in her eye - daring him to be jealous.

"Lucky boys." George pouted.

"Who said they were all boys?" She replied with a straight face and a twinkle in her eye.

This made George pause and raise an eyebrow.
"Will you ever cease to surprise me Peers?" He chortled.

"Speaking of which, maybe I should go stand by one of the girls to make sure I get me a kiss for New Years." She said casually, unwrapping herself from George's arms.

He only gripped her tighter, making Bonnie laugh as she fell back into his embrace.
Lee and the others began to loudly count back from 10. Bonnie and George counted to each other quietly, never breaking eye contact. The electricity between them was brighter than ever as they wished the countdown would hurry up getting to 1.

"3... 2... 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR" Their friends screamed as they cheersed messily with their cups and hugged one another tightly.

George and Bonnie had drowned them out, they were the only two people in the world as their lips crashed together at the end of the countdown.
Bonnie completely melted into the kiss, George's soft lips enveloping hers perfectly as time stopped. His tongue lightly flicked her lips, prompting her to open her mouth slightly. They could taste whiskey on each other and Bonnie inhaled his familiar scent tinged with vanilla.
Her heart thudded in her chest and her knees weakened as the kiss intensified, their hands desperately feeling each other all over.

"Do you MIND!?" Ron's disgusted yell projected at the entangled couple.

With his voice, reality came screeching back into George and Bonnie's heads as they tore their lips away from each other and chuckled with slight embarrassment.

Fred appeared out of nowhere and slapped George ok the back.
"Finally! The sexual tension between you two for the past few months has been bloody unbearable for all of us." Fred grinned at his brother and laughed loudly as he wandered back over to his friends who were all whistling and howling at them.

As soon as their friends were distracted again, George grabbed Bonnie's hand and they ran - giggling, behind a stack of hay where he pushed her back up against the yellow straw and cupped her face with his hands.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" He whispered, looking completely enamoured with her.

"You go alright yourself Weasley." She winked while she ran her hands up underneath his shirt and around to his back, making him jump slightly at the coolness of her fingers on his warm skin.

George pulled her face up to his and kissed her again, this time gently and slowly as he breathed her in, taking the time to memorise every little thing about this moment. Her cool fingers on his skin... her warm, blushing face in his big hands... her hips pressed into him... the smell of her shampoo and perfume intermingling in his nose.

He wanted to remember all of it.
If he had it his way, he wanted to be able to do this every day, all day, for the rest of his life.