Chapter 41

By the time Angelina, Hermione and Bonnie reached Hogsmeade, their noses were red with cold. This hardly bothered them as they made their way to Honeydukes to pick up some sweets.

The shop was warm and smelled of chocolate and sugar. The walls were green and pink and piled high with every kind of sugary snack you could think of.
The three girls spent almost an hour in the shop, looking around, testing samples, chatting and giggling. Angelina even got hit on by a 6th year Hufflepuff whom she did not entertain.

"You see ladies?" She said tossing her hair over her shoulder with sass. "When you look good, you feel good and that makes the boys flock to you."

They all put money in to buy a pile of sweets they planned to eat back in the common room that night, keen to keep the girls day going even after they left Hogsmeade.
Bonnie made sure to get Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans - her favourite. Hermione grabbed a stack of chocolate frogs, she knew Ron liked to collect the cards. And Angelina went to town, insisting on buying Fizzing Whizbees, Acid Pops, Licorice Wands and Blood flavoured lollipops - just to make them squirm.

A few hours whirled by as the girls visited most of the shops, but ensuring to stay away from Zonko's and known date locations.
Last stop was the 3 Broomsticks. By this time they were exhausted and looking forward to a warm frothy Butterbeer in the cosy tavern.

Giggling at a joke Angelina just told, they staggered in the door and removed their coats as Hermione looked around for an empty table. Suddenly she turned around quickly.
"Actually... maybe we best just head back to Hogwarts, it really is very cold and I-"

"What are you on about Mione? We just got here!" Bonnie asked before following Hermione's eyes.

George and Marietta.
She had almost forgotten all about them during their day of fun. But yet here they were, sitting close to each other in one of the booths, talking quietly with half empty glasses in front of them.
George glanced up and did a double take as he saw the three girls entering. Bonnie could feel his eyes checking her out. In her head she thanked Angelina for forcing her to dress up.

"Ugh. It's fine guys really. Let's sit down and get a drink, been craving a Butterbeer for ages." She said, forcing a grin onto her face. She wasn't going to let George see her bothered by his presence on his date.

Angelina and Hermione looked at each other and shrugged. The three sat down at one of the only free tables available. It was unfortunately closer to George's booth than they would have liked, at an angle that made it so he was in full view to Bonnie, no matter which of the 4 seats she took.

She noticed George had shifted closer to Marietta, the poor girl was blushing deeply as they talked. Bonnie thought it was very cruel to lead the pretty Ravenclaw on like this just to spite her.
'But what if... what if he actually likes her.' Bonnie thought as she fought with herself to not look at George, who now had his arm around Marietta's shoulders. The thought renewed the jealous pit in her stomach that had lessened significantly during the day of distractions.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Madam Rosmerta, the red cheeked witch who owned the pub.
"When can I get for you beauties. You all look extra ravishing today I must say." She smiled at them, hovering the tip of her quill over a small notebook, ready to take their order.

"You're too kind Madam Rosmerta. Just out for a girls day, thought we would get the glad rags on for once!" Hermione giggled. "Could we just get 3 Butterbeer's please? Thank you!"
Rosmerta nodded and told them she would be right back with their drinks.

Angelina launched into a tirade about how cold the winter's are and how she thought about moving to Australia where it was warm once she graduated.

Hermione looked down into her Butterbeer that had just been placed in front of her by Madam Rosmerta.
"What am I going to do next year when neither of you are here anymore?" She said glumly.

Bonnie laughed and rubbed her back.
"You'll still have Ginny! Plus we will write all the time. We can even come meet you here in Hogsmeade on the weekends probably! Right Angelina?"

"Right, exactly. You won't even notice we are gone. Hopefully by then you and Ron will have admitted your feelings to each other and be together, so you'll have a boyfriend too."
Angelina said as she picked up her drink to take a sip.

Hermione gawked at her.
"How do you-"

"Oh please! It's been obvious since your second year you two have a cute little crush on each other. Mind you, you'd have to share Ron with his boyfriend - Harry." Angelina joked.

The three girls burst out in fits of giggles which made George look up from his conversation with his date. His eyes fell on Bonnie who looked adorable with her pink nose and pretty clothes, laughing joyfully with her friends. She hadn't even looked at him or seemed bothered by him being there at all. He definitely wasn't expecting that. But that girl was exceedingly good at hiding what she felt.

With that, George rose from his seat and he and Marietta exited the booth. He slung an arm around his dates shoulders and guided her over to the table of the three girls.

"Ladies, fancy seeing you here." He smirked, eyes on Bonnie the whole time.

Bonnie smiled back, with cold eyes.
"Oh George, hardly noticed you there."
She turned to Marietta, and said with warmth,
"Marietta you look lovely today. Nice to see you again." She grinned at the girl. Who looked slightly taken aback, but nodded and uttered a "You too." Before George guided her toward the exit after receiving stony looks from Angelina and Hermione.

"Damn, you're a boss Bonnie. How are you handling this so well?" Remarked Angelina.

"Well I'm very good at hiding what I feel Ange, plus all I have to do is remind myself that Marietta didn't do anything wrong. On top of the fact that I'm out with my friends right now and having a great time. We have a bag full of sweets I plan to eat with you guys in front of the fire this evening, which brings me immense joy. He has nothing to do with that." She smiled at her two friends.

She did feel jealous and slightly down thanks to George. But not one word she just said was a lie.