Chapter 4

With a wad of tissues pressed to her bleeding nose, Bonnie sat on the overstuffed couch in front of the fire of the common room.
She was embarrassed, not only because she fell onto George and hurt him, but now she was bleeding profusely out of her nose.

"I know a spell to stop that" said Fred trying to be helpful after his fit of laughter at witnessing the unfortunate fall.
"Oh please, as if I would trust you to keep my nose well placed on my face Fred!"
"Just trying to help!" He laughed. "Well if you don't need me I think I will turn in. It's been a pleasure Bonnie, we should do it again some time"
Bonnie narrowed her eyes at him "You're dreaming Fred. My nose may never be the same"
"Yeah, thanks to you tripping over your own big clown feet! I am leaving before you decide to blame me for your bad haircut too"

Bonnie's head snapped round at him as he disappeared running up the staircase to the dorms, laughing.
"What?! Fred! Hey wait!"
She shook her head and turned to face the fire again as she touched her hair, uncertain of Fred's joke and said to herself, "It's not that bad is it?"

"Your hair is quite ravishing Bonnie, however it's your rock hard head that I have taken issue with."
George reappeared smiling at her. He had gone to rinse off his hands that had gotten cut and bruised when he attempted to stop himself from falling onto the hard, stone floor.

"Oh George I'm sorry again, I tripped and I couldn't grab- wait... my head is not rock hard!"
"I'm joking! Your head is the proper amount of hard I promise. How's your nose? Sorry my muscular back got in it's way." George said as he sat down in the couch beside her.

Bonnie raised her eyebrow at him and let out an exasperated sigh.
"I think it's stopped" she said as she pulled away the tissues and felt underneath her nose with her hand.
"Yes it's stopped. Let me grab a clean tissue and clean you up. This is half my fault anyway!"

Bonnie watched George grab a handful of tissues and dip them in some fresh water.
'Is this guy really going to sit here and sponge bath my nose?' She thought.

"Oh no it's really ok, I can do that myself" she said quickly, finding herself self conscious of the dried blood on her face. "I must look a sight right now"

George shushed her. He sat down beside her again and leaned forward, sodden tissue in hand.
Bonnie simultaneously leaned away from him.

"Do I smell?" He laughed.

"No! I just... I'm ok, I was about to go shower anyway George it's fine"

He rolled his eyes and scooted closer. "Stop being so stubborn and let me clean up the mess we made"

Bonnie looked at him unsure, but finally she sat upright and let him tend to her nose.
She tried not to make eye contact with him, but he was just so close to her. He smelled of fresh parchment, vanilla and ...fireworks powder. Of course.
She looked up at him slowly and gazed into his bright, hazel coloured eyes as he sponged the last of the blood off her face.

He met her gaze and paused for a moment, only inches away from her face, before he grinned.
Bonnie snapped herself out of whatever trance that was and blinked a few times.

"All done!" He announced, he seemed very proud of himself.
"Next stop - Dr. Weasley at St Mungo's!" Bonnie teased.

"Yes, but as a patient when Miss Peers severely injures me again!" He teased back.

They laugh together as she swats at him, but he jumps out of the way just in time.
"Anyway we should get to bed, first day of classes tomorrow, I'm so excited!" He said in a tone dripping with sarcasm. "Hopefully will see you in a couple of them." He gave her a playful smile.

The pair of them head up the stairs and wave each other goodnight as they head off towards their respective dorms.

Bonnie creeped through the doors of her room, trying not to wake her dorm mates and gets straight into bed, fully clothed, finally feeling the exhaustion of the day wash over her.
She lay on her back for a moment, replaying the night in her head - particularly the last 15 minutes.
It felt strange that she feels so much life when she's around those Weasley twins.
Bonnie is rather known for her apathy towards most things, but it's different around them.

She smiled softly in the dark thinking about George and his swirly eyes, wiping blood off her face.
Right before she drifted off, a thought entered her mind - 'Was it both of the twins that made me feel this way? Or was it just one of them?'.

A.N - Please let me know if you're enjoying this story! Do you like the layout? The plot? Length? Any ideas/thoughts/queries? Let me know :)
I don't know how often I will update. At the very least it will be a couple times a week.
Thanks for reading xx