Chapter 10

Although Bonnie could see Fred wasn't expecting to hear anything she just said, he nodded calmly, but didn't say anything for a long while.

"Fred please say something. You're freaking me out. I know this is all out of left field, I'm taken aback as well. But say something... anything."

He took a deep breath and covered her hand with his own, patting it comfortingly.

"Are you going to tell George about all this?"

Bonnie looked down at the table sullenly.

"I don't know Freddie, I think it would scare him off... I shouldn't have said anything. George is your brother I have no right to be telling you this and then expecting you not to mention it to him. He's your family. I can't ask you to keep this from him."

"I mean, I'm not going to lie to you Bon, it's hard for me to keep anything from him. It's like he can see when I'm not telling him something. I can't lie to the man he always sniffs it out somehow! And yes, ok it'll freak him out slightly... But he is a good guy... I mean he's my twin, of course he is-"
Bonnie rolled her eyes.
"-But wouldn't you rather tell him and see what happens?" He finished.

"No! Because this all sounds so fantastical and dumb Fred! Imagine me coming up to you - 'hello there mate, say, had any feelings for me lately? Because guess what! It's written in the stars that we are soulmates!'
Do you hear how ridiculous that sounds? Something out of a damn cheesy, teen romance novel."

"You do sound like a bit of a twat when you put it like that" Fred agreed, cocking his head at her.

"Oh shove off Fred" She grumbled, pulling her hand away from his, a smile twitching at the corners of her mouth all the same.

"Admit it" he leaned in and whispered to her.
"Admit you like George"

Bonnie raised an eyebrow. Wasn't this self explanatory?
"Obviously. Or I wouldn't be going through all this trouble would I?" she said flatly.

"Leave it to me"
And with that Fred stood up and walked out of the library, ignoring her questions and plea's for him to come back.

"Crap." She muttered "Now I've done it."

The rest of the school week went by surprisingly smoothly.
Bonnie managed to act like a normal human being, Fred didn't do anything drastic, and she somehow scored seats in class nowhere near George, every single day.

When George finally caught up to her, he had asked her what happened during Divination that day. She made up a rather convincing lie about feeling ill and needing to go to the hospital wing. He nodded and said he hopes she feels better now.
She could have sworn she saw a flash of relief cross his face.

Friday evening arrived and Fred announced that he had organised a confusingly named "Last First Weekend" party for the seventh year Gryffindor's in the common room. Apparently to celebrate this being their final, first weekend at Hogwarts ever.

Bonnie had never heard of such a thing before but wasn't too phased, as she never really joined in on these sorts of things anyway. She would probably just watch the happenings for half an hour or so from the table in the corner, before retiring to her room, like she always did.

During dinner before the party started, Fred unapologetically squeezed himself between Bonnie and Ron, who was half way through telling her what he had learnt about Animagus's from Harry's godfather.

"OI!" Ron yelped, half chewed chicken visible in his mouth, as he yanked his leg out from under Fred.

"Sorry bro, this is secret soulmate business"

Ron looked at Fred like he had just grown two heads, but eventually shrugged and slid his plate back in front of him without another word.

Bonnie punched Fred in the arm.
"You want to say that any darn louder Weasley?! People are going to think WE are 'soulmates' the way you're carrying on!"

Fred laughed. "You're probably right actually. I should watch that. Imagine people thinking you like me, instead of my identical twin brother. What a travesty"

She glared at him. "So did you squash Ron just to annoy me or...?"

"No Bon-Bon, I squashed Ron to tell you that this party tonight is for you, so you better not skip it like you usually do!"

"Excuse me!?" Bonnie said, aghast.

"Well not officially FOR you I suppose. But I managed to get Madam Rosmerta to give me a couple of bottles of the good stuff for tonight. I have a plan." He seemed proud of himself.

"How did you manage that!?"

Fred tapped the side of his nose with his long pointer finger and gave her a knowing look.
"Never you mind Bonnie. But promise me you'll stay"

She said nothing.

"PROMISE" Fred shouted.

Bonnie jumped, as did the others around them at the long table.

"Do you ever just shut up Fred!? Yes! Fine! I'll come!"

He grinned at her as he got up and walked swiftly toward the door.

Bonnie shook her head and wondered what exactly she's just signed up for.