Chapter 72

The next few weeks sailed by quickly and peacefully - for once. Bonnie and George were in there bubble of happiness and all their friends were supportive and happy in their own lives.
To be honest, Bonnie had forgotten all about Fred and George's plan to leave Hogwarts. It wasn't until she was as summoned by George to the common room at an ungodly hour and she spotted Fred in front of scattered parchment, that she remembered.

"What's all this?" She almost didn't want the answer as her heart sunk at the memory of their shielded planning.

George placed his hand on her waist and gave her a comforting squeeze as he guided her over to the couches where Fred sat.

Fred looked up from a piece of parchment covered in scribble with a smile spread across his face.
"It's time you joined the big boys, Bon! You promised you'd help, it's your time to shine."

She looked at him suspiciously.
"Shine how?"

She and George took a seat together and he placed his hand gently on her knee.
"Well! We already know what we want to do. We have it all planned so you don't have to worry about that-"

"Oh but I'm worrying!" She interjected with a nervous laugh.
"I always worry when it comes to you two. I don't think I'd survive a day in either of your heads. Too much chaos!"

Fred rolled his eyes but laughed loudly. He shuffled through some of the papers and pulled one out and handed it to her.
Bonnie took a moment to read it. It was a step by step of the prank they planned to pull. Her eyes widened slowly the further she read.

"You can't be serious?! You want to do all that whilst an exam is being taken? You'll be expel-" she stopped and sighed.
"I forgot that's the point of this."

"Precisely Bonnie, dear." Nodded Fred.

"So you want me to..." she scanned her eyes down the written process.
"What?" She cried as she found her job.
"I'm not doing that."

"You promised!" Said Fred.

"You can't break a promise!" Said George

"You two realise I want to graduate right? That means not getting expelled!" Bonnie was incredulous.

"You're sneaky, Bon. We know you can do it. That's why we are asking! You're actually pretty good at pranks, you just pretend not to be so we don't drag you into our shenanigans." Fred laughed.

"It's a small but hilarious part in our plan. But you don't have to do it if you don't want to." George offered quietly.

Deep down, the prank actually excited Bonnie. She was slightly scared about what would happen if she was caught or was found to have had something to do with it all, but the pull of the excitement took over.

"I'll do it."

Several days of meticulous planning and secret meetings later, Bonnie was set to do her part. It sounded ridiculous when she went over it in her mind, but imagining how good it would look was all the push she needed.
Book bag in hand, she made her way to the evil Professors office - Umbridge.

Bonnie had managed to stay out of her way for most of the year, but knew her friends had had many run ins with her. Besides, she had too many other things to be concerned about through this year - all of them surrounding George Weasley. However she understood why the twins wanted to target this atrocious  woman most of all. It was fitting that this would be their final hurrah at Hogwarts.

Taking a breath, Bonnie knocked gently on the door. A sweet voice came from inside.
"Come in."

Bonnie pushed the door open slowly and nearly winced at the harsh pink that covered every square inch of the office. Umbridge sat up straight at her desk, hands clasped in front of her.

"Can I help you dear? Miss... Peers was it?" The woman tilted her head slightly.

Bonnie knew that this woman knew her name. She made it her business to know everyone in this school. Bonnie did make a point of staying way down the back and quiet in her classes though.

"Yes ma'am - Bonnie Peers."

Bonnie sat on the edge of the chair that Umbridge gestured to, placing her bag gently next to her on the floor.

"How can I help you Miss Peers?" She said in a sickly smooth voice.

"Uh- I was wondering about how I'm doing in class? You see I um, I don't think I'm doing so well and of course, I'm planning on aceing my exams so-"

Umbridge held a hand up to silence her.
"I can assure you Miss Peers, that were you doing poorly - I would summon you here myself. Now, you must know I'm a terribly busy woman and I don't particularly have time do discuss such meaningless matters with-"

She was cut off by a ground shaking bang from outside her office door. The teachers face fell, then morphed into an angry, wrinkled mess.
Bonnie kept her face straight and innocent as Umbridge looked at her questioningly.

"What is the meaning of this?" She demanded.

"Sorry professor, I truely don't know." Bonnie lied and shrugged.

Umbridge glared at her.
"Stay where you are. I don't want to see you move."

The plump woman rose from her chair and walked carefully to the door, placing her hand on the doorknob as another rumbling bang shook the walls.
She ripped the door open to find the corridor outside empty and still. She took a step out and looked this way and that, eyebrows furrowed.

"Whoever that is, I suggest you stop what you're doing this instant." She commanded to the empty hall.

The corridor remained quiet.
Just as she thought she had scared them off, another loud bang came from further down the corridor. Umbridge could be heard muttering under her breath about how much she hated children as she stormed out of the office and toward the sound.

As the sound of her disgusting pink heeled shoes disappeared down the corridor, Bonnie leapt into action. She shut the door quickly and dove into her bag, producing the items the twins had given her - a pair of pink, heeled shoes identical to the ones she was wearing now. Bonnie had no idea how they knew what size she was or where they even got these,  nor did she care to find out.
Quickly, she planted the heels neatly under the professors desk where they would be seen upon sitting, and dashed back to her chair, sitting casually as she was before.

The door swung open and an angry and flushed Umbridge stormed through the door - bare foot. Bonnie stifled a giggle, the twins had managed a sticking spell to rob her of her shoes.

"Hooligans! All of them! I will find out which retched little fools did this and I will- oh."

She stopped as she pulled her chair out to sit down, noticing her shoes placed under her desk. Her face showed clear confusion as she bent down to inspect the shoes closely.

"Where did these come from?" She snapped at Bonnie.

"Where did what come from, Professor?" She asked in her best innocent tone.

Grunting in reply, Umbridge sat down heavily, slipping the shoes on. Bonnie's mind was doing cartwheels but ensured her face stayed blank.

"Get out." Ordered the ugly Professor.

Bonnie was more than happy to oblige, closing the door behind her and doing a little jump in celebration.