Chapter 62

Bonnie sat quietly in the common room, clutching a hot tea in one hand and the picture of her and George grinning at each other in her other.
He had a perfect face. All so evenly proportioned and freckled beautifully, as if an artist had painted them by hand. She looked at his large, veiny hand clutching her waist and longed to be touched by him him again. But she just didn't know when that would be. How much more could possibly get in the way of them being together?

After a while, a steady stream of Gryffindor's made their way through the portrait and collapsed in a chair or wandered upstairs to shower and change after school finished. It didn't take long for Fred's voice to snap her away from her thoughts.

"Oi! Bonnie are you listening?" He snapped his fingers next to her ear, jolting her back to the present. She noticed she was now surrounded by Fred, Lee and Angelina also sitting on the couches in front of the roaring fire.

"Um, yeah sorry what did you say?" She tucked the picture back into her robes quickly and set her tea down on the table in front of her.

Angelina leaned toward her.
"You weren't in Arithmacy! Don't tell me you went to a teacher!?"

Bonnie looked around at the stricken faces of her friends.
"I'm sorry guys I had to. I realise it should have been a group decision but there's no more time for childish games. We need to get George back."

The three others threw their heads back in complaint. But they knew she had a point. They had no more ideas and George was clearly suffering, made evident by his pleading for help today to Bonnie.

"I'm sorry. I went to McGonagall, I trust her and she actually understood. She wants to help. In fact - she said she wants to expel Emma Vane ASAP."

Fred's head whipped around.
"She did? So she making George the antidote then?"

Bonnie smiled nervously.
"Well... she wants to."

Her friends' smiles dropped and their eyes narrowed.
"Bonnie...?" Angelina said almost menacingly.

"She wants to! The important thing is she believes us right? It's just... well she has to take it to Dumbledore first. And... um, and Snape." Bonnie grimaced and tensed ready for the backlash.

"Snape!? Oh now we are really screwed! Snape bloods hates George and I. The greasy haired git." Fred exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air in anguish.
"He probably prefers George like this! Much more compliant. Wouldn't be surprised if bloody Emma Vane was in kahoots with him. They are both slimey, evil twats."

"Jeez, chill out Fred. Take a breath." Lee slapped him on the shoulder with a quiet chuckle.
"I do hope your plan is going to work Bon, this is basically our last hope aside from... well, murdering Emma." He said mater of factly.

Lee stared at Bonnie with a straight face as he said that and she, Fred and Angelina gaped at him in shock.
All of a sudden, Bonnie let out a loud snort before she bent over forwards and howled with laughter. It really wasn't that funny, but at this moment nothing in the world had ever been more humorous to her than Lee wanting to murder a 6th year student in the name of George.

Seeing Bonnie keeled over with laughter, also made the other three start laughing. It was almost like one of those moments were if they didn't laugh, they would cry. So this is how they expelled the deep emotions that had been threatening to spill over for days now. Huge belly laughs that shook the couches they sat on, it felt good.

Harry, Hermione, Ron and Ginny had entered the common room and were watching the laughing fit unfolding in front of them, completely dumbfounded.

"What's the joke?" Asked Ron, leaning on the back of the chair behind Angelina.

Bonnie waved her hand at Ron as she gasped for air and wiped away her tears of laughter.
"Lee wants to commit murder." She managed before she and the other three laughed even harder at the reiteration.

The 4 non laughing friends looked at each other in bewilderment before they sat down gingerly in the spaces available near them.

"Should we be concerned?" Asked Hermione carefully, peering sideways at Bonnie as she sat down next to her.

Finally the high of the laughter began to dwindle and Bonnie, Lee, Angelina and Fred were wiping tears from their red and smiling faces.

"No, sorry you four. We were just having a moment of insanity. Felt kind of needed actually." Fred responded, patting his hair down.

Harry nodded.
"I get that, trust me! But please tell us! We've been dying to know how your conversation went today with George." He asked Bonnie pointedly.

Without so much as a frown, Bonnie relayed what had happened. She wasn't sure if Angelina had omitted the part about her confession of love to George when she told Lee and Fred, but she didn't feel like including it at this stage so she left it out.

"Wait, so now Snape is involved?" Cried Ginny.

"Bonnie explained, and I do think she did the right thing. Sure Snape isn't the ideal person we want included in this. But it's bigger than us now. This is basically criminal behaviour on Emma's behalf. We were trying to fix it like kids, when we should have been thinking of what's best for George and acting like adults." Angelina said seriously.
"I have faith in McGonagall and Dumbledore to sort this out."

"Yeah, two good Professors should cancel out the one twatty one" Fred interjected.

"You can't talk about teachers like that Fred." Hermione snapped.

Fred raised his eyebrows at her and leaned forward.
"Snape is a twat with a big nose and greaseball hair and I wish the Giant Squid in the Black Lake would take a liking to him." He said calmly to her.

Hermione was aghast at his words but the rest of the group were in hysterics once again. After a moment even Hermione cracked a smile, catching the infectious laughter they so needed.
Only one vital thing was missing from this moment.
George.

~~~

A/N: Please don't forget to vote if you're enjoying the story! :)