Chapter 63

By the time the weekend had rolled around, they still hadn't heard a thing from McGonagall nor Dumbledore, despite their asking. Not even Snape was being any different to them, a prick as always.
Seeing George every day was immeasurably difficult for Bonnie after their previous conversation. The George she stared at now was not the George she had spoken to in the stuffy divination classroom. If anything, he was more 'in love' with Emma than ever, following her around like a lost puppy and letting the disgusting girl put her hands all over him. The suspicion among the group - Bonnie, Fred, Angelina, Lee, Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny - was that Emma had gotten wind of the conversation and made the potion stronger to ensure a breakthrough like that didn't happen again.

"She must have an endless bloody supply. How does it make sense that it's so easy to brew a Love Potion, yet the antidote is so expensive and tricky!" Fred was complaining on Saturday morning at the breakfast table.

Bonnie cut a piece of bacon and put it in her mouth, chewing thoughtfully. Fred was right, it didn't make much sense, but unfortunately that's the way it panned out.

Lee and Fred were arguing with Angelina about how potions worked when professor McGonagall bustled up behind them.
"Excuse me you four. Could you follow me please?" She didn't wait for an answer and turned to walk swiftly back out the door of the Great Hall.

Bonnie and the other three bounced up to follow her knowing this surely had something to do with George.
As they started for the door Fred hissed,
"Do you think it's George? Is he fixed?"

Before anyone could reply, their question was answered for them as they witnessed George trailing along dreamily behind a smug Emma. He didn't even glance at them.

"Well that answers that." Angelina rolled her eyes.

They exited the Great Hall to find McGonagall tapping her foot 3 steps up the flight of stairs.
"I don't have all day." She said sternly.

She turned on her heel and continued up the stairs at a quick pace which shocked the four trailing seventh years. By the time they got to the 7th floor they were all red faced and puffing at the speed in which they had to follow the Professor. The older woman however, looked to have not even quickened her heart rate.

"Drowssap." McGonagall spoke loudly at a giant gargoyle in an archway.

The statue sprung to life and spiralled slowly upward, showing a set of stairs carved into stone.
Only Fred had been to the headmasters office before, but even now he was still in awe with the other three at the exciting entry.
McGonagall gestured for the students to enter the stairwell and so they obeyed, climbing the stairs.

Once they reached the top, McGonagall knocked on the door twice and it swung open to reveal a large split level room. The walls were covered in moving portraits and tall bookcases filled with old, thick books. The room was whirring and clanging with trinkets and devices scattered throughout.
Dumbledore sat motionless at the large, golden ornate desk toward the back of the room, his long white fingertips pressed against each other and his kind eyes resting calmly on them.

"Good morning students. Won't you please have a seat."
He motioned wordlessly with his wand and four chairs appeared out of thin air and set themselves quietly on the ground in front of his desk.

The friends walked slowly toward the chairs, taking in as much of the decked out office as possible. Bonnie would love nothing more than to spend a whole day in here just exploring and looking at everything on display.
They sat in the chairs and looked expectantly at the Headmaster, however it was Professor McGonagall who spoke first.

"As promised, I have been conferring with Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape about the issue Miss Peers raised with me some days ago about Mr Weasley and Miss Vane. This is a serious matter that we have taken time to investigate and work out an appropriate course of action."
She had walked up to stand to the side of Dumbledores desk and paused to gaze at each student.
"We have come to believe that it is indeed true what Miss Peers has told me. I trust all of you know that the use of any type of Love Potion or anything that can coerce a person to do something he or she may not usually do, is banned from Hogwarts grounds."

The four students nodded as she continued.
"We have seen fit to summon you in here to give you a run down of the course of action we will be taking, as the four of you are closest to Mr Weasley and rightfully concerned. We have sent a letter to your mother and father-" she gestured to Fred, who's mouth dropped open in horror.

"I take it from that look, that this letter will be the first they are to hear of this issue?" Dumbledore spoke for the first time, with a small chuckle at Fred's horrified face.

"Uh- well yes sir. See, I just figured we could get it sorted without getting them involved you know..." Fred stuttered.

McGonagall tutted.
"You thought you could get this entirely sorted without adult intervention at all apparently Mr Weasley, as it took Miss Peers to seek me out independently for help to get this far."

Fred looked down at his hands and smiled sheepishly.
"Didn't think you'd believe me Professor." He mumbled.

McGonagall shook her head and carried on talking.
"Your parents will be here this afternoon, at which time we will seperate George from Miss Vane and escort him to the hospital wing where Madam Pomfrey will administer the antidote, which Professor Snape has worked tirelessly on."

The four friends grinned at each other. Bonnie's stomach was doing cartwheels - of the good kind, for the first time in weeks.

"Are we able to be there too Professor?" Fred asked excitedly.

"Family - yes. Ronald, Ginny and yourself may be present."

Bonnie's face dropped slightly, but she was too excited at the prospect of getting her George back to be too put out by it.
This time tomorrow, George should be himself again.