Chapter 8

The Cupcake Girl

Chapter 8:

-Jennie's POV-

I sat there, just completely speechless. Thinking that my idol for my whole life just said that was very.. Very ironic. 

"What the hell was that?" I muttered to myself, putting a hand to my head.

Well obviously, I wouldn't do any of that. Harry was my best friend. I wasn't going to just leave him alone like that, just because his two faced girlfriend just said that to my face.

I bit my lip, just letting my eyes focus back on the tv.

I jumped slightly, hearing my phone ring.

"Yeah, um hello?" I go.

"JENNIE WHERE ARE YOU?! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK TWO HOURS AGO!" My mom shouted down the phone as I flinched slightly.

"Alright, I'm sorry mom! Listen, I over slept. I'll be there in ten minutes." I rambled, as I face palmed myself. How could I have forgotten that I had work today? I am such an idiot sometimes.

"It's counted on your salery, Jennie." She reminded.

"I know, mom. I'll be there." I said lastly, ending the call.

I quickly grab a jacket and my phone and I quickly locked the door behind me as I exited my house.

Harry was definitely up for a ride this time. And I wasn't going to be there if Taylor wrote some break up song about him.

But.. What was the purpose of even being his best friend if I wasn't going to be there for him? I wasn't a snitch either, so why would I go telling him that Taylor said all that in the first five minutes.. GOD. Never knew that this would be so tough.

I walked, slipping into my old pick up truck, rubbing my hands together since it was just really cold.

I put the keys into the ignition, and start by reversing the car out of the driveway and down the simple road of Cheshire. It was like the same thing everyday. Same people to.

I turn the radio on just to actually paint some color into my world, completely jamming to the song that was on right now. Call Me Maybe.

Yeah, I get so coo coo sometimes, my other friends just pretend they don't even know me. But Harry, he definitely has no shame of me. Sometimes, when I humiliate myself, he does the same so I wouldn't be alone. Harry was such a nice kid back then. I don't even know if he still is now, but I guess you could say so. Once, I even tripped on my shoelace once at school, and to prevent kids from laughing, Harry "accidentally" stepped on his shoelace to and fell with me. That's what made them laugh at the both of us. And when we went to our first middle school dance together because the girls in the 8th grade thought Harry was lame. Obviously, I went with him because I had no one to go with, and I didn't want him getting humiliated either.

Why were all these memories just suddenly coming to me?

I shook my head, noticing that I had reached the bakery, as I parked right next to my mom's van. Running out, I slammed the door, making sure to lock them while I did as I semi jogged into the bakery.