Chapter 17

The Cupcake Girl

Chapter 17:

Ohh boy. Not the excited way, but more of the.. Troubled way.

Somehow, I had kissed back, my lips moving in sync with his as he put more weight on me when I leaned on his car?

'BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!' His car starts to alarm as I immediately pulled away, once again very shocked.

"Harry what the.. What was.. What?" I gasped, trying to catch on. I didn't want to be mad at him again.. I.. I just wanted to know why he kissed me.

"Why'd you kiss me?" I finally got the words out good.

He shook his head, looking like he was shaking a thought away. "Look, I'm sorry.. Ermm.. That really wasn't supposed to mean anthing, I just.." He also had a loss of words.

"Oh, then if it didn't mean anything, why'd you do it in the first place?" I rose my voice, throwing my hands in my hair. "Harry, I need.. I need to think." I say as goodbye.

"Jennie." He sighed, following me until we got to my porch.

"What?" I whisper shouted.

"I think I like you. There. I said it. And I don't know what's gotten into me, but I think I do." Harry said it really fast.

"Harry..'' My voice trailed on as I looked at him with soft eyes, not knowing what to say.

I seriously wasn't going to get all stubborn and get mad at him, but instead. Maybe ask..

I started FALLING to, secretly. But now I was just Asking.

Wait.. What the... What the heck? Falling and asking were one of those four step thingies.

"Jennie, are you really going to just stand there?" Harry asked nervously.

"Harry, why me? Why so suddenly? There are so many other girls, why did you have to pick your best friend?" I felt like crying. I don't know why. I just had a feeling he'd be mad at me.

"I honestly didn't know that I was going to suddenly feel this way. But to have someone just get me so much. To know me like nobody ever did before. It's insane. And I was thinking that it had all been where I came from all along." He says seriously.

I bit my lip, shaking my head heavily. "No, no, no, no. Harry, slap some sense into yourself. I will always be there for you. You're like my brother. And you wouldn't really have a crush on your brother, right?" I tried to lighten up this awkward feeling.

"Jennie." Plead was written all over his face.

"Harry. I can't. Just.. Just not you, I'm sorry." I bit my lip.

"Why'd you kiss back.'' He said sadly.

"W-what?'' I stuttered.

"Why did you kiss me back? I wasn't expecting you to." He grumbled, itching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Because I was just shocked." I shrugged.

"Did you like it?" He winked, going back to himself.

Thank goodness.

"I'm not answering that." I chuckled, shaking my head.

Honestly, bro-ski here is a really good kisser.

I looked through my pockets for my keys.

Once I found it, I was about to put it into the door until..

"I'm leaving the day after tomorrow." He goes.

"What?" I asked, dropping my keys to the ground.

"We still have the tour for our new album to continue." He sighed.

"Harry, you just got here." Now I was pretty emotional.

"I know I did, but.. I told you I'd only be here til' Christmas."

"Harry.." I whined, hugging him. He still didn't change his image for me. To me, he was still my best friend. Even though he just kissed me. I'm pretty sure he got over that I obviously didn't want to go further than best friends. I didn't want to lose anyone, most definitely not my best friend. He was the only man I had in my life after what happened to dad.

Well he wasn't a man, but anyway he was a boy in my life that could protect me like dad did.

"Come with me." He muttered as we stayed hugging like weirdos on my porch.

"What?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Come with me on this adventure, Wendy!" He grinned, going all Peter Pan on me.

I bit my lip. "What about the bakery? My mom can't work alone." I say, worried.

"And she won't. Consider Gemma and Anne your mom's new workers." Harry smiled.

"Harold, you don't have to be doing all of this just because you want me to come with me on your stupid tour." I sighed.

"But.. I promised I would never leave you again." He reasoned. "And as of now, I will never break any of my promises to you, my oh so amazing cupcake girl." He smiled.

"Stop calling me that. Goodness, have you ever taken that as offense?" I joked.

"No it's been my nickname for you ever since we started working at the bakery! So no, I will not stop being proud that you are my cupcake girl."

I laughed. "Well Harold. It's getting pretty late. You should try and get some shut eye."

"Yeah and tomorrow is once again another adventure for me and my sidekick, the cupcake girl." He teased.

"You can go on that adventure yourself, I'm sleeping in buddy boy." I chuckled, picking my keys up and once again attempting to put my keys in.

"I'll pick you up at 5am?" He insisted.

"Harry are you crazy? Why would I wake up that early? It's like one in the morning right now!" I shouted, seeing that he ignored my remark as he walked off my porch.

"Five in the morning Miss Aguilera! I'll be waiting on your porch, sharp!" He yells lastly, walking back into the house.

Okay, something's gotten to his head. And.. No I am not waking up at five in the morning for some 'adventure'.

____________________________________________________________________________________

No words! Vote and comment lovelies!! Thanks again! Ily! :)

-BritishBums xox