Chapter 31

The Cupcake Girl

Chapter 31:

-Jennie's POV-

"What did, mom?" I repeated as she sighed after a moment.

She hands me a normal sized envelope as an answer. I take it, slowly pulling the fancily folded gold paper in the envelope.

'You have been gradually accepted to the University of New York.' the words were written in a nice cursive as a whole backdrop on the school continued below.

'Scholarship requires just $1,000 every semester. We are glad to call you a student at our University. For further information, you may contact our office at 1-800-NYU.'

'Begins January 14th, 2013'

I held a hand to my mouth, my eyes widening. "I got in!" I exclaimed excitedly as I attacked my mom in a hug. "It's amazing! Oh my god!" I shouted, jumping up and down.

My happiness immediately faded, seeing that I clearly had to fly over to New York next week which was literally on the other side of the earth since we were in London as of now. And flying to New York, meant having to leave Harry for the whole semester.. And a semester was about 3 months. Sometimes even longer until Spring break.

I sighed, biting my lip. "How am I going to tell him?" I shook my head hopelessly.

"You're going to have too.. Either you would stay with Harry, or go to the school you've been dreaming about ever since you were in the 7th grade." My mom says honestly.

I buried my face in my hands, closing my eyes. "Mom, I can't tell him.. It'll break him. And when everything was going just fine, I have to leave." I sighed, looking at her with sad eyes.

"You don't have to leave, sweetheart. I'm not forcing you to go to school. You can make a choice. Although I suggest you choose the right one." She cocks an eyebrow as I groaned.

"I'll tell him. But.. Just not now." I sighed once again, looking down at the ground.

"When?"

"When the time comes." I nodded. He walks out of the hospital room, with a small smile on his face as I motioned for mom to stop talking about it. I crumpled the letter, stuffing it into my pocket before he came over.

"How is she?" I asked.

He nods. "She's doing just fine. Minor injuries due to impact of the accident, but she'll be okay." Harry smiled as he hugged me.

I hugged back, smiling weakly. "That's good to know."

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" He asks, reading me like an open book.

"Yeah, I just thought of something, nothing important." I shook my head heavily.

"Okay." He smiled, giving me a peck on the cheek as I sent the smile back.

I was smiling. But as of now, I had a feeling NOTHING would be okay..

--------------------

*TWO DAYS LATER*

Me and Harry were in their kitchen right now, Gemma asleep on the couch and Anne back at the hospital with Harry's stepdad, Robin. Anne would be coming back by tomorrow, and me and Harry wanted to make her cupcakes soo here we are.

"Do you have any flour?" I asked.

"Yeah." He smirked as he unexpectedly throws flour into my face.

I gasped, closing my eyes, feeling the white substance all over my face. "HARRY!"

"You look a little.. Pale." He teases as he bursts into laughter and I rolled my eyes.

"You're curls need a little more volume." I cocked an eyebrow as I picked up the icing, smudging it over his curls.

The look on his face was priceless as I was now the one laughing. What? You can't stop funny!

"Here." He smiles, picking up the cupcake mix as I bit my lip, backing away until I reached the other side of the counter.

"I'm sorry! Please!" I giggled, closing my eyes as I see him walk up to me and instead puts the bowl down and pulls me into a passionate kiss.

I kiss him softly, me caressing his cheek with a hand as I felt him smile in triumph through the kiss.

"What happened to you guys?" I find a grouchy Gemma who got up from her sleep, squinting her eyes at us.

"Your brother put flour all over me!" I complained.

"And Jennie put this sticky stuff all over my hair!" He goes as I frowned at him and Gemma just laughed.

"Are you gonna make cupcakes or not, because I'm hungry." She tells me eagerly as I grinned.

"Give me an hour tops. They'll be done by then." I nodded.

"An hour and five minutes, because we have a make out session." Harry winked cheekily as I narrowed my eyes at him in confusion.

"What are you----"

He interrupts me by pressing his lips onto mine as I chuckled, kissing him back.

"Uhh gross! I'm timing you guys five minutes, come on!" Gemma claps twice before silence comes and you could hear nothing but me and Harry having this serious make out session.

It's been two days.. Every time I kiss him, I just get even more guilty. I have to tell him.. I leave tomorrow since it's the day of the 14th.

"Harry," I breathe out through his kisses but he doesn't stop kissing me. I pull away, looking him in the eyes.

"What's wrong?" He whispers, cupping my face with his hands.

"Nothing.. Harry it's just that.." I was at the loss of words as I looked at him with soft eyes.

"Did I do something?" He asks, confusedly.

N-no! Of coarse you didn't do anything, it's what I did." I bit my lip nervously.

"What is it?" He whispered.

"Harry.. Okay, I got accepted to NYU. And I'm leaving for New York tomorrow." I look down at the ground with tears in my eyes.

"What?" He is obviously startled.

I nodded my head, looking up at him. "I'm sorry, I told you so late, it's just that I couldn't get myself to hurt you. You did so much to be with me, and for me to leave is just----"

"I understand, Jennie." He interrupts. "You have to go to college."

"But.. I can't just----"

"I can visit you whenever I can. And I'll call you, I'll skype you, and everything." He smiled with a small nod.

I smile weakly. I knew that I would seriously miss him. I just couldn't believe I was the one leaving him now..

___________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Sorry for the last cliffhanger! Lol but at least you got the answer!! Yeahhh I brought drama right after Jarry was so happy! Woohoo! Hope you liked it!

Vomment as much as you can!! :)

-BritishBums xox