Chapter 43

The Cupcake Girl

Chapter 43:

-Jennie's POV-

Harry shoves right through me, punching Alex right in the mouth as he stumbled back.

I bit my lip, shaking my head, wanting words to leave my mouth. But they weren't.

It all was just happening and coming one by one. They were throwing punches at each other, and my whole body completely vulnerable.

I blinked my eyes, shaking out of my state as I screamed, trying to get Alex off of Harry.

"ALEX! STOP!" I cried, pulling him off of Harry as I hit him constantly. "Get out of here! Just leave!" Sobs constantly left my mouth as I kneeled right next to Harry.

"Fuck you. Don't you touch her," Harry talked through gritted teeth menacingly.

"I just did, man." Alex has this same look on his face.

Harry went for another shot as I held him back. "Stop." I say once more. I honestly have never seen Harry this mad.. And it actually scares me to see this side of him.

"I don't want to see you ever again. Just.. Leave me alone." I cried, shoving Alex roughly.

"Babe, he doesn't deserve a girl like you." He says as I shook my head.

"Don't call me that." My voice shuddered.

Harry got to his feet, moving me aside like a rag doll, getting all in Alex's face.

"She said she never wants to see you again." Harry says in a low voice.

Alex shoves Harry, making him stumble to me.

"Leave." I say sternly as I get in front of Harry protectively, not wanting him to get hurt even more.

Without a word left, he had walked down the hallway, vanishing just like that.

"I'm sorry." The tears were still welled up in my eyes as I looked at him. Just at the side of his lip was this huge bleeding cut as my lips trembled. I hugged him tightly and both protectively.

"It's okay. I'm fine." He says reluctantly as he looks me in the eyes. "Who the hell was that?" He whispered.

"A boy in my class.. He's.. He's just.." I shook my head, once again at the loss of words.

"If he's bothering you, you just tell me. I'll kick his ass." He nods.

"I don't want you anywhere close to him.. He's dangerous."

"I'd risk anything for you." Harry says honestly.

I sighed, looking at my hands. "This was all my fault.. You're hurt.. And it was all because of me." I felt this lump grow in my throat.

"Jennie, just.. It wasn't your fault."

I shook my head, feeling the tears leave my eyes now.

He lifts my chin up, immediately wiping my tears away with the tip of his thumb.

"I never want you getting hurt. And it's been that way ever since I first got to know you. I made a promise to your dad, and that was to protect you." He says softly.

"But.. You know I don't want you getting hurt either. I want to protect you too."

He smiled reassuringly. "If getting hurt means protecting you? Then I'd do that anyday."

I sighed. "Thank you."

"No problem. Now come on." He pulls me back into the room as he shuts the door behind me.