Chapter 45

The Cupcake Girl

Chapter 45:

-Jennie's POV-

I've survived over three weeks of school already, thankful that I had the weekend to me and Chelsea.

As I already knew, Harry would be leaving once again, but at least I got to spend a ton of time with him before he did.

"Let's go somewhere!" Chelsea whines from her laptop, spinning in her chair, before slowing down because the look on her face told me that she got immediately dizzy.

"Where to??" I ask.

"You said you needed those new duvet covers, right? Let's go shopping!" She suggests with a small shrug.

I pondered. "Okay, let me just go get ready."

"Okay. Meet you here in.. Half an hour?"

I nodded in answer, finishing up a text to Harry on my phone with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Oooh! Jennie and Harry sittin' in a tree! K-i-s-s-i-n-g!"

I rolled my eyes at her immaturity as she giggled.

My phone buzzed as fast as you could say 'cupcake' as I get slightly tickled since it was in my butt pocket.

From: Hazza x)

I'm so tired.. :( xx

I smiled slightly, my fingertips moving around the screen before, I tapped the send button.

To: Hazza x)

Awww bbz, miss chu! x

From: Hazza x)

You know I do more ;)

I shook my head, chuckling slightly. He was still a romantic. And still his cheesy self.

I set my phone down on the counter, before I skipped over to pick out my clothes where me and Chels shared a wardrobe.

"Shotgun on the shower!" I called.

"To late!" Chelsea sing songed before I hear another door click shut as I groaned.

Now I had to wait like 30 minutes for her to be done. My phone buzzed once again as I went to go reach for it, slowly unlocking it.

This time, it hadn't been from Harry, but from my mom instead.

My eyebrows stitched together in puzzlement as I tapped on the message.

From: Mom

Jennie... Y-you're dad is awake..

My mouth fell open, my eyes widening as I felt my phone drop to the carpet floor.

I quickly put her on speed dial, waiting immpatiently for the ringing to end and just hear my mother's voice at the end of the line.

After about four rings, she answers.

"Jennie!"

"Oh my goodness, mom.. Is he.. Is he really?" I felt tears pricking at my eyes as I bit my lower lip.

A happy sob also left her mouth as I smiled weakly. "Y-yes, he is."

After all these years.. At the thought of my dad ever being awake, it was almost impossible.

But it had just happened.

"Would you like to speak to him, sweetie?"

My breath hitched in my throat, immediately becoming nervous. "What if.. What if he doesn't remember me?"