Chapter 9

The Cupcake Girl

Chapter 9:

-Jennie's POV-

I had no reaction to the little kiss that Taylor was attempting me to be jealous by, but it just felt funny.. By funny, I mean not normal.

"Harry has a girlfriend, already?!" My mom gasped from behind me as we watched them eat each other's faces off on the other side of the street as I just sighed.

"Yeah."

"She seems nice." Mom nods.

I groaned, face palming myself. To every single person, Taylor Swift was just a pretty princess.

"Why? What?"

"She's.. She thinks that I will steal Harry from her, so she doesn't like me. And we just met like a couple of hours ago."

"Oh.. Well, girls are like that sweetheart. That's how me and your dad were all the time."

My heart pained, just hearing the word 'dad'. Dad was stuck in a coma.. For almost three years now. I thought I would always be there just to wait until he woke up, but it never happened. Me and my mom just prayed. Harry was there to, but once he left, it felt like it was when my dad left to.And it was all my fault that day. I shouldn't have let him go out of the house on a rainy day. I was such a little girl back then. Just a silly little girl who didn't know about anything until she lost it.

"Mom.. Mom how is he?" I say in a shaky voice.

"No progress, honey." She sighs, putting a hand to her head as she started to sob.

I couldn't help it either. "I'm sorry." I take in a shaky breath as I felt a tear stream down my cheek.

"It's.. It's okay. It wasn't your fault Jennie." Mom tried to reassure, but she basically just lied through her teeth. I was the fault. Everything was my freakin' fault.

"He'll be okay.. He will." I sighed, wiping at my eyes as I got ahold of myself and sat down in the stool.

The silence continued for the rest of the time while I took the customers orders wearily and sadly. Somehow, as Harry said, The Cupcake Girl no longer had that sunshine in her. She was now just an ordinary girl.

I get interrupted by Harry dragging Taylor into the bakery, the bells attached to the top of the door ringing as they went in.

My head shot up, as I quickly rubbed at my eyes to make it look natural.

"Nooo, what are we doing here?!" Taylor tries to say innocently. 

"We're gonna see Jennie. Jennie! Hiii!!" He goes, waving at me as he comes up to me to give me a small hug from across the counter.

I fakely smiled, giving him a hug back. "Hey Haz. You guys needed anything? I'm here over time."

"Aw man you are?? I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me and Taylor! We were just planning to go to the eye!" He pouted.

"Sorry not today. I have so much to do and it's just.. It's just a busy day for me. I might be home by like ten tonight."

"Alright my sweety cheeks. You keep up the good work. I'll see ya soon?" He smiled.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'll see you later." I nodded, once again plastering a fake smile on my face.

Lastly, they finally walk out which was what I wanted as I avoided any eye contact with Taylor. That would just dissappoint me even more.