Chapter 9

April

As I sat on the stairs of my front porch, I tilted my head back, closed my eyes, and imagined what today was gonna be like.

My first day of high school at UA

Excitement was bubbling in my veins and I couldn't help but smile. The school with the country's most promising future heroes. And I was included in that group.

My mother opened the front door behind me and took a seat next to me. She still had an apron on from making breakfast.

"Your nerves hitting you all of a sudden?" She asked with a bit of tease.

"No, just the opposite actually. I'm SO excited." A smile was still spread on my face and apparently it was contagious because now my mom's smile was just as big as mine.

"I am so proud of you, sweetheart." She wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me tightly. "You deserve the world." I hug her back just as tightly.

"I should probably get going. I'll tell you all about it when I get home!" She nods and returns to the house. As I stood to make my way towards the school, I barely spot Mika's shadow through a window on the second story. I wave but as soon as I looked in her direction, she retreats.

———

"Take your feet off that desk now!"

"Huh?"

"It's the first day and you're already disrespecting this Academy by scuffing school property, you cretin!"

I had only been in the classroom for five minutes and these two have been arguing the entire time.

I roll my eyes and tap Kirishima on the shoulder.

"Who the hell are these guys?" I ask him with annoyance.

Katsuki Bakugo. Quirk: explosion

Tenya Iida. Quirk: engine

"Not sure but I heard the angry one scored high on the entrance exam."

Really? THAT guy is one of the top students? That's surprising. My mental insult train was stopped when the class all turned to look at the same green haired boy from the auditorium.

Izuku Midoriya. Quirk: all for one

"Good morning!" Iida says to the boy. "My name is Tenya Iida from-"

"Uhh yeah, I-I know. I'm Izuku Midoriya. It's super nice to meet you." Midoria seemed overly nervous around Iida. Did something happen between them at the exam or does this kid just lack all social skills?

The two continue talking as another student appeared behind Midoriya.

Ochako Uraraka. Quirk: zero gravity.

"Look how red he's turning!" Mina giggles and points at Midoriya, "How cute!"

"Do I need to remind you of your face when I interrupted you and Kiri at the exam?" I taunt her, resulting in her shooting daggers at me with her eyes and me responding by spitting my tongue out at her.

I look over at the angry blonde kid. He did not seem happy to see Midoriya passed the exam.

"If you're just here to make friends then you can pack up your stuff now." A voice calls. But from where? The class looks around until we spot a yellow sleeping bag on the floor behind Uraraka. "Welcome to UA's hero course."