Chapter 11

Looking at my reflection in the mirror wearing my brand new hero costume, I found myself feeling insecure. It's only been a few years since I've had my quirk and even shorter time since I decided I actually wanted to be a hero.

Most every one of my classmates have had this dream since they were kids and probably spent hours upon hours designing their costume.

I begin looking up and down at myself. I was happy to be out of my school uniform skirt though and instead be wearing a white, sleeveless romper bodysuit. My eyes trailed along the zipper that went down my torso and I admired the gold, red, and blue details on my costume.

As I looked further down, I looked at the utility garter wrapped around my right thigh that held three blacked out tubes. Below the garter was the top of my knee–high, lightweight boots that are thin enough I can still feel the earth beneath me (think like how Spiderman's shoes still allow him to stick to walls).

I let out a sigh as I pulled my hair to one side and put all my curls into a big, messy braid.

"Krystal! Let's gooo!" Mina calls for me from outside my stall.

"DAMN, I'm coming!" I roll my eyes and smile at myself. Now was not the time to think about what I'm insecure about. It was time to go out there and show everyone what I can do.

———

"They say that the clothes make the pros, young ladies and gentlemen, and behold, you are the proof!" The class looked around at each other, admiring one another's costume designs and making mental notes of things we want to change.

Some were a bit basic while others were very intricate.

"You look so cool! Now should we get started, you buncha newbies?" I smile at All Might's enthusiasm and fist bump Kirishima.

"Gotta show off the bod don't ya, Kiri?" I say to him which he responds with by blushing and rubbing a hand behind his neck.

"H-hey, I mean my body is like my whole quirk basically! Plus someone's got to provide some fan service." He points towards Midoriya who looks like he was cosplaying some sort of rabbit.

I laugh at the implied insult and look over to see Mineta drooling over Yaoyorozu.

"I think someone else agrees with you about the fan service." Mina follows my line of sight, spots the pervert, and smacks the back of his head.

All Might goes on to explain the training exercise we would be performing. An indoor simulation with a two-man good guy team and a two-man bad guy team.

"Sir, will you be the one deciding who wins?"

"How much can we hurt the other team?"

"Do we need to worry about losers getting expelled like earlier?"

"Will you be splitting us up based on chance or comparative skill?"

"Isn't this cape trãš chic?"

I'm pretty sure All Might's eyes just started twitching.

"I'M NOT DONE EXPLAINING. listen up! The situation is this:

The villains have hidden a nuclear missile somewhere in their hideout. The heroes must try to foil their plans. To do that, the good guys either have to catch the evildoers or recover the weapon. Likewise, the bad guys succeed if they protect their payload or capture the heroes."

Sounds simple enough. Now the question that's probably on everyone's mind:

Who am I up against, and who's on my team?