Chapter 32

The look of anger and hate is so much more terrifying when it's in the eyes of someone who usually portrays the opposite emotions. Tenya Iida and I may not be the closest of friends, but he's still my classmate. Still our class rep. Still a wannabe hero.

Still a kid

We are all, to be fair. The 20 of us in the chaos that is class 1-A have been consistently thrown into the arms of danger more than anyone could have imagined. We came together with a goal of being heroes and protecting others, but we were far from a place where we could confidently say we were ready for that responsibility.

That much was made clear to me as I saw Iida's blue eyes almost burn through his skull with hate, anger, frustration, and guilt. You couldn't really blame him for the hate and anger. This villain had not only physically decimated his brother's body, but he also completely destroyed the pedestal image of his hero that he held and admired for so long.

But all of his overwhelming emotions were blinding him. Iida had gone after a high-class villain not with heroic intent of stopping him before he could hurt anyone else, but with the urge to murder him for his past convictions.

The situation was very fragile and beyond the border of illegal considering all four of us had used our quirks to protect each other. But it was also fragile due to the possibility of this fight's outcome causing Iida to emotionally and mentally spiral out of control.

Even as he laid there, paralyzed, ears likely ringing from the sound of Shoto's attempt to push him pass his limits, he still stubbornly held that look of anger. But, after watching Midoriya, Shoto, and I throw ourselves in the middle of it all, his face also held guilt and possibly a bit of realization to the fact that what he was doing was wrong.

Iida's tears continued to fall but I could no longer pay attention to that. Stain brought himself within a few meters of my body and was met with a gust of wind at his feet, launching him into the air. With him now airborne and unable to control his movements effectively, I shot a bigger lightning strike than all of the previous.

The attack briefly grazed his abdomen but what I notice more was the change in direction he was facing. As he landed back on the ground, he wasted no time and headed straight for... Shoto, who was still losing blood very quickly and unable to defend himself.

The boy's eyes widened, Midoriya's yells grew louder, my heart felt like it nearly be out of my chest.

Stain's sword was practically laying on Shoto's chest when Iida's voice caught all of our attention.

"RECIPRO BURST!" The engine hero was free from the villain's Quirk and able to use his astonishing speed to meet stain sword with his armored foot, shattering the weapon and saving Shoto.

Quickly following the life-saving move, Iida then boosted his leg and slammed into Stain's body, forcing him to fly back from our injured classmate.

"Iida!" Midoriya called from the other side of the alleyway.

"You're free too? I guess his quirk isn't as great as I thought it was." Shoto says, clearly trying to hide the amount of pain he was feeling.

"Todoroki... Midoriya... Hirawa..." The blue haired boy still had his head hung low and refused eye contact with any of us. "This has nothing to do with you. I apologize. I'm Okay, but I won't let you three shed any more blood for me." The comment made my blood boil and I almost killed him right there myself.

"It's no use trying to pretend you're a hero now. A person's true nature doesn't change in just a few minutes. You'll never be anything but a fraud who prioritizes his own desires. You're the sickness that's infected society and ruined the name 'hero'. Someone must teach you a-"