Chatper 17

Summer was approaching which meant my time to prepare for the sports Festival was coming to a close and I really didn't want to spend that time worrying about the USJ incident.

The aftermath of attack by the League of Villains against children had left the country concerned about the legitimacy of the heroes meant to protect us but nobody at UA was worried.

The day after the attack, school was closed but we were all back at it the day after that.

"Those news channels love us. We're basically celebrities!" Kaminari says with his hands behind his head.

"Yeah, it's kind of crazy!" But before Kirishima could continue Kaminari's boast, Jiro told them off.

"Get over yourselves. The hero course that pumps out pros was attacked and that's what they care about."

"Yeah it's like when all those reporters showed up at the school wanting to talk about All Might." I added onto her case.

As we waited for homeroom to start, we continued chatting amongst ourselves about how impressive All Might's fight was.

"Morning, class." A heavily bandaged Mr. Aizawa enters the classroom. Everyone began questioning why he was here and not at the hospital but he shrugs off our concerns.

"My well-being is irrelevant. What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet. The UA sports Festival is about to start."

With the mention of the upcoming event, I couldn't help but jump out of my seat.

"HELL YES IT IS!" Everyone in the room turned to me and I could see the annoyance of Mr. Aizawa's face without seeing his eyes. I slowly sat back down in my seat and averted my eyes.

"Hold on a minute. Is it really such a good idea to hold the sports festival so close after the villains snuck inside?" Although Jiro's question was a fair one, anxiety crept into my stomach at the thought of not being able to hold the event.

Mr. Aizawa fortunately was able to put my worries to rest.

"Apparently, the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and our school is safer than ever." Of course our faculty would've seen the comments from the public questioning our school. "This event is a huge opportunity for all students of UA. It's not something we can cancel because of a few villains."

Most of the class was excited for the announcement of the festival still being held but others were much more worried.

"Our sports Festival is one of the most watched events in the entire world. In the past, everyone obsessed over the Olympic games but then quirks started appearing and drastically changed the sports market." Aizawa explained.

"Not only is it important to our viewers, but top heroes everywhere will be watching! It's our best chance at receiving offers and get scouted. Especially if you're looking for a specific agency's attention." I could feel the excitement sparkling in my eyes at thoughts of getting into my dream agency.

"Yes. And that is why the sports Festival is so important. One chance a year, three chances in a lifetime. Which means you better not slack off in training. Class is dismissed." Aizawa leaves the room and everyone breaks into hyped conversation.

"I AM SO PUMPED FOR THESE GAMES!" Kirishima and I shout at the same time and then fist bump each other.

"We put on a good show and we're basically on the road to bein' pros!" Sero says, joining our circle.

"Yeah, this is why I'm even here in the first place." Sato says, hitting his fist into his other palm.

Tokoyami looks at me after the comment. I knew what he was thinking. He knew I was going to finally show off all my power.