Chapter 27

"The first year students have completed all of the events for the UA sports Festival. Now it's time to relax and enjoy the awards ceremony!"

Fireworks went off, trumpets played, and the crowd cheered at midnight's announcement. A small smokescreen also revealed the standings for the top four placements in the tournament.

1st - Katsuki Bakugo
2nd - Shoto Todoroki
3rd - Krystal Hirawa ( and an absent Tenya Iida )

Bakugo had been literally tied to a cement block and muzzled after the final battle between him and Todoroki following his victory over me.

"You're acting like a feral animal, Bakugo." I say which he only responds to by freaking out even more. I look over to Shoto who stood on the other side of the psycho blonde. He kept in silence looking at the ground beneath him.

"Tenya Iida actually shares the third-place reward with Hirawa. But, unfortunately, he had to leave for family reasons. Got a love those familial bonds!" The sexual implication by midnight makes the students all shift with discomfort but we ultimately chose to ignore it.

I scanned the group of students for the section that held my classmates and land my eyes on a very worried looking Midoriya.

After my battle with Bakugo ended with my defeat, I was taken to and healed in Recovery Girl's office. Midoriya, who is still very injured, checked up on me as well as informed me about the incident with Ingenium, Iida's pro hero brother.

Pushing out all the 'worst case scenario' thoughts in my mind, my ears were met with a very well-known laugh and 'I am here' catchphrase.

"So now that you're here All Might, why don't you start the presentation?" Midnight's passive aggressive suggestion is met with an uncomfortable laugh from All Might and his immediate compliance.

He picks up one of the bronze medals in the storage case and approaches me on the podium.

"Young Hirawa, you showed amazing power and proved the vast amount of potential that you hold for your future as a strong pro hero and role model for people...But, it was also very clear the amount of unchecked emotion you hold with your past is interfering with your ability to progress. You have much to learn and practice with your seniors and mentors. I hope that you do everything within your power and become as brilliant and successful as I imagine you will be!" He finished his statement by giving me a supportive hug that was filled with pride.

"Thank you, All Might. I will!" I took the bit of advice given by my pro hero teacher and thought hard on it. I had planned to use the sports Festival as an outlet for getting the attention of pros and I think I achieved that. But, hopefully my multiple outbursts were not perceived as dealbreakers.

As Shoto received his comments from All Might, he looked over at me. I couldn't quite hear what he was saying but his lips read the words 'settle with someone'. Not knowing what else to do, I smiled at the boy and he returned the soft gesture.

And finally, Katsuki Bakugo.

"Hmm, this is a little much." All Might said as he removed the muzzle. "Well you did what you said you would do in the pledge. You're true to your word."

"Alllll...Mightttt..." Bakugo let out a growl "winning first place this way...DOESN'T PROVE I'M THE BEST ONE HERE. EVEN IF THE WORLD CONSIDERS ME THE WINNER, I REFUSE TO ACCEPT IT LIKE THIS. BOTH OF THESE EXTRAS ACTED LIKE I WASN'T WORTHY OF THEIR FULL POWER!" Steam emitted out of the boy's ears as he looked in my direction and then in Shoto's gesturing as if he was trying to bite us.

"Please accept this medal. Even if you have to wear it as a scar." All Might attempts to place the medal on the angry animal's neck but he struggles and refuses until All Might just forces it into his mouth.

"HERE THEY ARE! THE WINNERS OF THIS YEAR'S SPORTS FESTIVAL! BUT LISTEN CLOSLY! Any of you first years could've ended up standing on these podiums. Think about what you've done today, you've challenged each other and climbed even closer towards your goals of being pros. I think the next generation of heroes is proving to be our most promising one yet!"

As the festival concluded, and everyone started to disperse, I descended my podium stairs, preparing to head back to class for the debrief with Aizawa when my ears were met with an almost painful shriek.

Mina ran toward me, wrapped her arms around my body, and tackled me to the ground.

"OW, MINA. WHAT THE HELL!"

"KRYSTALLLLLL IM SO PROUD OF YOU, YOU WERE AMAZING! AND YOURE SO MUCH STRONGER THAN MIDDLE SCHOOL!" My pink best friend continued nuzzling into my neck and squeezed me tighter.

As I finally managed to pry her off of me and returned to my feet, I noticed a majority of my remaining classmates approach from behind her as well as Shoto returning to my side.

"Todoroki, Hirawa, congratulations on your placements!" Uraraka complimented.

"Hell yeah! You guys are the face of class 1-A!" Kirishima followed.

"We knew you guys were strong but after this, you're clearly on a whole different level!" Finished Midoriya.

Among the group of my classmates also stood one purple haired, sleepy boy who then approached me with his signature cocky smirk.

"You really are something else." He said before offering a fist bump. I declined the offer and instead embraced him in a comfortable hug which he returned.

As we pulled away, I noticed a certain flaming man in the stands a few yards ahead of us. Endeavor held a scowl that displayed an emotion I couldn't read though it was clearly not a positive one. Before I could think about it anymore, a growl that sounded like it was spawned straight out of hell rung through the air. We all turned to see Bakugo had escaped his mortal chains and intended to finish the two fights that Shoto and I left him unsatisfied with.

Before the blonde could reach us, an icy right hand grabbed mine and tugged me in the direction of our classroom, toward the safety that is within Aizawa's reach.

———

"Nice work. You have the next two days of school off to recuperate. I'm sure the pros who watched the festival will want to recruit some of you. We'll look over the draft forms and update you when you return. Get some rest. You still have a lot of training to do." The whole class ( excluding a shaking Bakugo ) responded with a unified 'yes, sir' before dispersing.

As I stood leaning against the school gates, my mind raced with a million different thoughts. But, to be honest, 98% of those thoughts had something to do with either my Quirk, a certain icy hot boy, or his abusive father.

This festival had changed so much for me as more and more events developed. I opened up about the incident and my insecurities around my quirk to a guy a barely even knew before today. I also got closer to him than I had with any other guy before. Then he tells me his father, who I depended on to help me with my powers, is a manipulative, abusive bastard who he hates.

And if getting indirectly involved with another family's blood drama wasn't enough, I almost killed one of my only friends with my electrokinesis and still don't know what happened. I accidentally started a weather war inside of the arena. I didn't end up even attacking Bakugo with my fire after I yelled at Shoto to do so, resulting in my lost in the semi finals and causing Bakugo to grow a rage fueled need to kill me. And in my final battle, Aizawa hinted at the fact that I might have been missusing and misinterpreting my quirk this whole. Fucking. Time.

I could feel my temple pulsating with stress as I attempted not to hurl a punch at the nearest wall. But, as if on cue, I finally spotted my best friend on her way over to me. She held up two coupons, no doubt for our favorite Boba shop, and gave me the brightest smile.

Mina is the best. Just being around her lifted my mood. Yeah, she might be a little crazy sometimes but I knew I could depend on her for anything. She was like a sister.

Sister...

Oh yeah and I have to go home to my ACTUAL sister whom I swore to that I would become a pro hero and then proceeded to fail at even winning the sports Festival.

Great