Chapter 26

Those red eyes

Incredibly focused. Incredibly determined. Incredibly angry. But incredibly simple.

Anyone could look at Katsuki Bakugo and know the only thing he cared about in that moment was proving himself. To whom he wished to prove himself was unknown to me but it didn't matter.

We aren't friends. We're barely even acquaintances yet this fight almost felt wrong. Ever since I met Bakugo, he had been preaching about how he's the best. How he'll beat everyone and stand on the top. And right now, the next step for him to prove that was defeating me.

"All those party tricks you've been using until now are useless, Hirawa." The comment was clearly an insult but his tone implied his impending elaboration. "But...You aren't as weak as I thought. And after watching the fight between that damn Deku and icy hot bastard, I've been itching to go all out."

"Well as long as you're OK with knowing that your 'all out' isn't enough to beat me, I'm more than happy to provide you with an entertaining match... Well entertaining for me and the crowd. Immensely painful and humiliating for you."

The blonde let out an almost feral growl before letting off a few explosions in his hands. The mind games were already beginning, not that it was a surprise. The guy practically did my job for me by pissing himself off.

"Let the second semifinal match begin!"

With no hesitation, Bakugo exploded in my direction, using his quirk to propel himself forward without the use of his legs. But due to his speed, momentum, and lack of a way to efficiently stop himself, he was met with the rock wall I created with my quirk and the ground surrounding the ring.

"Starting off strong we are met with Bakugo's explosiveness that has been consistent all through the festival as well as a sixth elemental manipulation Quirk from Hirawa! Where does it end?!"

The sound of loud, explosive bangs are heard from the other side of the wall. I quickly back up and boost myself up into the air as Bakugo easily blasts through the barrier.

"YOU'RE NOT GONNA TRY TO HIDE AND PLAY DEFENSE THE WHOLE TIME ARE YOU?!" A creepy grin was laid upon his facial expressions as he looked up at me suspended in the air.

Without giving me time to think of a snarky comeback, he too boosts himself up to reach my altitude. As he made his way up, I attempted to grab the water tube from my newly replenished garter belt but he grabs my leg and hurls me back down to earth before I had the chance.

Pain shot through my back from the impact as I struggled to keep my eyes open. Thankfully I did, and was able to roll out of the way before Bakugo could bodyslam himself back on top of me.

Throwing a wind blast at my feet, I put distance between us and again attempted to reach my garter belt... Which was no longer on my thigh. Instead, Bakugo held it in his hand.

"Looking for something, dumbass?" Clearly quite proud of himself, he chuckled before holding it out in front of him and destroying it with a single blast.

"Damn, I actually liked that belt too." I said before running my fingers through my hair in attempt to clear my line of sight. I started at the boy, holding eye contact as I observed the shimmer of excitement in his irises.

"Whatcha gonna do now without your stupid accessory piece, water girl?"

"Water girl? Bakugo, I'm really hurt. Have you not witnessed the use of ANY of my other powers?" I say with a pout. "That's OK, if you want water girl, I'll show you water girl."

Bakugo gave me a confused look, no doubt due to the fact that I was still talking after he just destroyed my only water source. With a cocky grin tugging on my lips, I turned toward the crowd.