Chapter 6

[R-18]
H

E drank the beer that’s on his hand while thinking about her. . . thinking about Zavaiah. Damn, it’s been a week since he last  talked to her and everyday feels like torture. He felt like drowning.

Damn,” he whispered to himself. . . cursing himself is nothing. He deserved that curse after all.

“I need your favor,” his friend Alert told him. He arched his eyebrow at his friend. If he looks like shit right now, his friend looks like hell.

“Give it to Secretary but please. . .  don’t do something stupid,” his friend pleaded. He let out a chuckle.

“Bakit? May ginawa ka na namang  katarantaduhan ano?” he asked his friend.

He saw how Alert sighed as he drank his beer.  “Hindi ko naman sinasadya,” paliwanag nito sa kanya.

He sighed in annoyance. Right, kailangan niyang bigyan ng space si Zammy. She needed time to cool down. He’s perfectly aware that  she’s mad at him. He saw how hatred and pain flashed on her eyes the last time that they talked and honestly. . .  that made him weak.

He needed time to sort out things. Kapag naisip niya pa rin ang dalaga kahit may kasama siyang iba, pupuntahan niya na talaga ito. So he nod his head to his friend. “Nasaan ang i-de-deliver ko?” he asked his friend.

Inabot naman ni Alert sa kanya ang isang supot ng groceries and he was shocked when he saw what’s inside the plastic bag.

“Unhealthy,” he tsked at his friend, he saw how his friend grinned at him.

“She doesn’t know how to cook.” Alert chuckled.  He saw how his eyes glimmered.

He’s inlove. . .. Alert is inlove.  He thought.

So he went to Secretary’s apartment. Yeah, Alert’s admirer and fling name is Secretary. What a weird name. When he knocked the door of her apartment, it immediately opened. He saw a beautiful woman standing infront of him. Halatang nagulat ito pero pinapasok parin siya nito.

He tried all his tactics to make him forget Zammy but everything that he does to Secretary. . . ang naaalala niya ay si Zammy and that made his heart ache. How can he think about her when he made a terrible mistake?

Napakasama niya. Pinaasa niya ang dalaga. Walang ibang dapat sisihin kundi ang sarili niya. He gave motives but didn’t clear things about Haezell.

Hanggang sa makaalis siya sa apartment ni Secretary ay si Zammy pa rin ang naiisip niya. Dumaan muna siya sa bahay ni Alert at tsaka umuwi sa bahay niya.

It’s already seven in the evening. Nakapantulog na siya at handa na sanang matulog but his mind is all about her. Frustrated siyang napahilamos sa mukha niya.

No, I needed to see her! I can’t take this anymore.

***

MA'AM Zavaiah, may naghahanap daw po sa  inyo, Braxton daw po ang pangalan,” the guard approached her as she walked to the hallway.

Napatampal naman siya sa noo niya. Ano bang ginagawa ni Braxton? Malinaw naman na humindi siya sa gusto nitong mangyari. She hates to admit it but she’s really afraid to entertain him, but one part of herself keeps on telling her that she should see him. Nababaliw na yata siya, hindi na niya alam ang sasabihin at gagawin niya sa binata.

“Nasaan po siya, manong?” She asked the guard, they are still walking.

“Nasa table niyo na po sa faculty,” sagot naman sa kanya ng guard kaya naman napataas ang kilay niya, bakit nandoon na ang binata? There are lot of questions running on her head but she chose not to ask the guard.