Chapter 1

THEIR phones beeped, meaning, there's an emergency patient.  Braxton, immediately get up and put his hospital gown on.

"What happened?" he asked one of the nurses waiting for the upcoming patient. He is sanitizing his hands eagerly while waiting for the patient. At the age of 26 he is already a licensed General Surgeon. Yes he is too young to be a GS but he worked hard to achieve what he have now. And the thing is, he is accelerated when he was in highschool.

"May terrorist shooting raw po sa isang mini-concert ng St. Rose Church, Doc," one of the nurse informed  him. He nod his head when he heard that.

Terrorist, tss. How can they hurt innocent people? He asked himself.

"Doc, pito ang sugatan. Minor injuries and one patient with gunshot wound on her left abdominal part," one of the nurse informed him once again. Nakita niyang nag-aabang na rin ang iba pang mga nurses at doktor para sa pagdating ng mga pasyente nila.

"Prepare the OR and call our anesthesiologist, " he told the nurse. The nurse nod her head and went to the operating room. Nagmamadali ito kaya naman tumango na lamang siya nang makitang ilang minuto lang ang nakararaan at may anesthesiologist na sila.

Ambulances stopped in front of the hospital. Kaagad niyang sinalubong ang mga laman noon. Nakita niyang may mga sugatan sa braso, paa at ulo. Then he saw the emergency patient with a gunshot wound on her left abdominal part.

"Emergency room!" he shouted. He saw how rescuers are putting pressure on her wound to stop the bleeding.

"Vitals?" he asked the one of the rescuers.

"BP 90/60, Respiratory rate: 12 breaths per minute, Pulse Rate: 57, Doc," napailing na lamang siya sa kanyang narinig. Her vitals are below normal to her age.

"Exit wound?" He asked the rescuers once again when he checked the patient. Hindi sila nakasagot kaya naman napabuntonghininga siya.  "No exit wound?" he asked them. The rescuers sighed as they nod their heads.

"Did you checked her blood type?"

"A+, doc," he sighed in relief. Marami silang reserba na A+, AB ang wala.

Again he put sanitizers after he put his gloves on.  Dahan dahang iniangat ang gasa sa may sugat ng dalaga. Laking gulat nila nang bumulwak ang dugo roon. Natamaan ang kanyang gown at tumutulo pa rin ang dugo sa sugat kaya naman nagmamadali siyang sumigaw para utusan ang nga nurses.

"EB! (elastic bandages) a lot of EB and two packs of type A+ blood!" he shouted. He looked at the patient. She's too pale, wala na itong dugo, then his eyes landed on her face. He stopped for a moment. She looks like an angel.

Oh, God. . . she's really beautiful.

He shook his head when he realized what he is doing. No! you already have a girlfriend, you fucker! He scolded himself.

He stopped the bleeding first and when the operating room is ready. They immediately operated her.

The operation went for three hours. Good thing that it didn't hit her kidney but they had a hard time finding the bullet because she's bleeding too much. . . and he can't stop adoring her while he's saving her life.

She's now stable. He felt the  relief inside his chest. . . even him, he doesn't know why, he just do.  He just shrugged that idea off  his mind to give himself the peace he deserved.

When he went out of the operating room. He saw three nuns patiently waiting  for him. Halos sabay sabay na tumayo ang mga ito nang makita ng mga ito na lumabas siya sa operating room.