PROLOGUE

"SISTER, naman. Masyado mo naman akong bine-baby," natawa siya nang tapikin ng isa sa mga madre ang kanyang likod na tila ba nilalambing siya nito.

"Hay nako bata ka. Baka magkasakit ka," the nun tapped her back lightly. "Galingan mo ha?"

She smiled proudly because of that. "Of course, Sister, this is Zam! One of the best singer of this church," she showed her gummy smile.

At the age of 22 she is totally happy with her life. She is a graduate of BEED and currently working at Interworld University Elementary Department and she's a well known singer of their town.

She lives at church together with the nuns that took care of her ever since she was a baby. They gave her a shelter, a beautiful name . . . and love.

She never got the chance to meet her family but she's not mad about that. Sister Esmeralda and the other nuns made her feel special. They didn't let her feel alone or abandoned.

She sighed. No time to be nervous! She scolded herself because her palms were sweating like crazy.

She will perform to a mini concert at their plazuela because of the fundraising event of the church to help orphans like her.

Ever since she was a child she loves singing. Well who wouldn't? Singing is a gift from God.

Siguro kaya siya nawili sa pagkanta ay dahil sa araw-araw ba naman siyang nasa simbahan ay palagi siyang nakaririnig ng mga choir members na nagkakantahan. Then later on when she was 8 she became part of the choir. . . bata pa lamang siya ay mag-aawit na siya.

"Zammy!" Sister Esmeralda one of the most intimidating nun of the church called her. Napatayo siya ng matuwid nang marinig ito.

"Yes po, Sister?"

The nun kissed her cheeks and smiled at her. "You never changed. Palagi ka pa ring natatakot sa akin," saad nito sa kanya at ngumuso kaya naman natawa silang dalawa dahil doon.

Natutuwa siya dahil noong bata pa siya takot rito. Hindi naman siya pinagagalitan nito. Ewan ba niya, there's something about the nun that makes her shiver in fear. But she do love her to the bits. Lahat ng mga madreng nag-alaga sa kanya ay mahal na mahal niya higit na kanino man.

"God bless, Zam," Sister Esmeralda kissed her cheeks again and she giggled like a kid.

"Sister naman, pinupugpog mo po ako sa halik," she protested. Natawa lang ang matandang madre sa kanya ay inulit pa siya nitong hinalikan.

Naglakad na siya papunta sa stage nang tawagin ng emcee ang pangalan niya. The crowd went wild when they saw her.

She is the darling of the crowd. Her long wavy hair, pale complexion, chestnut brown eyes, bow shaped pink lips and pointed nose like a doll makes people wonder if she's really a human or a doll.

Her look is not the sophisticated or fierce type but the opposite. Her look is like the holy type. Iyong tipong walang gagawing masama sa buhay. Iyong tipo ng mukhang kahit gumawa ka na ng masama ay ipagpipilitan ng taong wala kang ginawa dahil napaka-inosente.

She remembered her classmate in college noong nag-uusap sila. Kung papipiliin daw siya kung sex or chocolates kahit wala raw sa pagpipilian ay pipiliin niya ang rosaryo at ipagdarasal sila.

She's not offended because that was only a joke, but that's true. She grew up in the church as an orphan, she is also the bubbly type of a person but she's afraid to show it to people because they see her as . . . miss prim and proper type.

Now looking at the people cheering her at the mini concert for the fundraising made her heart jump in glee. Natutuwa siyang nakikita ang mga taong masaya dahil sa kaniya. Natutuwa siyang makatutulong siya sa mga batang walang magulang gaya niya.

She can help the children, plus, magagawa pa niya ang gusto niya. She smiled at that thought. Life is really beautiful for her. . . she's contented with her life right now.

"Good evening!" she screamed loudly and that made the people go wilder. "Thank you for coming tonight, the beneficiaries of this fundraising event will be glad. . . I'm sure of that." She started strumming her guitar.

She is enjoying her performance when people started having chaos down the stage. Kinakabahan na tumigil siya sa pagkanta.

"What is going on?" she asked the emcee who's now panicking. Everyone who's now in the event is panicking. Nagkakagulo na at hindi niya alam kung anong nangyayari at mas lalo na kung may nasaktan na ba.

Naririnig niya ang mga sigawan at iyak ng mga tao kaya naman natatakot na nilingon niya ulit ang emcee.

"Terrorist, Zam, Magtago ka, dali!" the emcee shouted at her.

Nanlamig ang buong katawan niya. She became immobile at the moment. Biglang hindi na niya alam ang gagawin niya. . . bigla siyang nanigas sa kanyang kinatatayuan.

Suddenly, she saw Sister Esmeralda running towards her on the other side of the hall. She saw a gunman pointing it's sniper at sister Esmeralda causing her to be alarmed. Bigla siyang nakaramdam ng takot at pagmamadali dahil doon. Kahit takot na takot siya at nanginginig ang buong katawan niya ay pinilit niyang sumigaw.

"Sister!" she shouted before running towards the nun. Then she heard a gunshot. She can't think straight at the moment so she pushed Sister Esmeralda as hard as she could and then the next thing she knew . . . she's lying in the middle of the stage. Blood is flowing from her stomach and everything went black.

___________________________________________________________________________________________ :)

Ps-please bear with my errors.