Chapter 24

"M-MAMA," she called the sophisticated woman once more but the latter didn't look at her. Her heart started to tighten because of that. Her whole body trembled.

Ang sakit.

Her eyes started to water, her hands were trembling. After how many years. . . she saw the woman again.. Ang unang taong minahal niya at ang unang taong nagparamdam sa kanya ng salitang sakit.

She missed her so much but she can't move her body. Nakatayo lang siya roon sa pwesto niya, tinitignan ang nanay niya. It was like she's near yet so far. Hindi niya magawang mahawakan ang nanay niya dahil natatakot siya. Natatakot siya na mayroon pa ring kirot sa puso ng ina. After all, it's her fault why her mother became miserable back then.

"Love," Braxton called her out. His eyes showed pain.  Hindi niya alam kung bakit may tila mabigat sa loob niya. There's something heavy on her chest that she can't bear. Hindi siya makahinga, her breathing started to get heavy.

"Love," tawag ulit sa kanya ni Braxton kaya napalingon siya sa asawa. Her eyes glimmered from her tears but she's trying her best not to cry. Hindi ito ang tamang oras para umiyak.

"Mama," inulit niya ang tawag niya sa kanyang ina. Doon na siya ulit nito tinapunan ng tingin.

"Siya ba ang kabit mo, Braxton?" the woman pointed a finger on her. She didn't do anything, she's just standing, rooted at her place, can't move a single muscle, overwhelmed by her feelings.

"Tell me, is she your other woman?!"

"She's my wife, Ma'am. She's not my other woman," mahinahon at mariin na turan ni Braxton. She knows that he is trying his best not to become mannerless.

"Hindi mo ba siya kilala?" Braxton asked her mother.  There's a hint of pain and confusion on his voice.

"No, who is she?" her mother's cold voice breaks her heart.

Hindi siya kilala ng nanay niya? Ganoon na ba siya nito kinasusuklaman at tila pati ang existence niya ay kinalimutan na ng sarili niyang ina?

Ang luhang kanina pa niya pinipigilan ay tuluyan nang tumulo. Her mother's words towards her are like knives and daggers. They are shooting her chest and stabbing her numerous times.

Tinignan siya ulit ni Braxton. For the first time in her life, she felt so useless, pakiramdam niya ay isa siyang basurang itinapon lang sa daan. Pakiramdam niya ay isa siyang tutang pinamigay lang. Isang may sakit na nakakahawa at ayaw lapitan. . . pakiramdam niya ay nag-iisa siya dahil doon. Her heart keeps on breaking.

Braxton's eyes showed sympathy and pain. Alam niyang nasasaktan ang asawa niya dahil sa tinuran ng kanyang ina.. Mas lalo naman masakit sa parte niya. Halos mamatay siya ngayon sa sakit.

"She's just a trash, how can you cheat on my daughter to that?"  parang nandidiri na saad ng kanyang nanay at tsaka siya tinapunan ng tingin.

Still the heartless. . . still, years passed and she's still torturing her using her heartless words.

Braxton's voice became deeper and his gray orbs became colder. "No one dares to call my wife like that, Ma'am," he puffed a loud breath, "no one."

Humakbang ulit siya papalapit sa dalawa. Her mother is just looking at her while her eyebrows were raised, and Braxton is trying to hold her arms. . .  maybe protecting her from the pain that her mother might caused.

She looked at her mother lovingly. She missed her mother. Kahit naman ilang beses siya nitong sinaktan ay mahal niya pa rin ito and then slowly she hugged her mother.