Dally And The Lot

Before y/n went into the store, she had to stop and breath because Dally would be suspicious if she walked up to him with cheeks that look sunburned.

As she walked through the door, the bell above her rang and the few people that are in the store turned and looked at her.

"Nosy town" y/n thought to herself.

She walked down a couple of isles before spotting him trying to sneak a bag of candy in the pocket of his leather jacket. Y/n snook up behind him.

"Caught ya," she said no louder than a whisper.

Dally turned around quickly, his hand on his back pocket, where y/n knew he kept his switchblade.

"Y/n! I thought you were a cop," Dally said slowly taking his hand away from his pocket.

Y/n laughed and hugged Dally, which he didn't really reciprocate. She knew that Dal wasn't a touchy-feely kind of guy but he had his own ways of showing affection.

"Your Dad didn't say what day y'all were moving down here so I assumed it was sometime next month," Dally said as they walked out of the store.

"Nah, we got here last night," Y/n kicked a stone.

"Are my old gang missing me back in New York?" Dallas asked joking and he offered y/n a robbed sweet.

Y/n took one. "You know I don't run around with guys like that, Dal,"

As they walked down the street, they filled each other in on what has been going on in their lives since the last time they saw each other.

When they passed the DX, y/n could see the guy called Steve filling up the tank of a fancy car. He looked at y/n and started giggling like a little kid.

Y/n was so confused that she didn't hear Dally's next question. "Sorry, what'd you say?"

"I asked about Milly Cooper, she seeing anyone?"

"Uhh, yeah she's been going steady with Tommy Jordan since you left,"
Y/n explained.

Dal took a box of cigarettes out of his pocket and lit one up. "Little bastard stole my girl,"

Y/n looked up at her cousin, eyebrows creased. "Man, you haven't been seen with her since you were 12,"

Dally shrugged his shoulders and took a puff. "So? She was my first girl,"

Y/n shook her head in laughter, she forgot how much she missed Dallas.

They came to a vacant lot full of tyres, torn out car seats and mattresses. A few of the guys from the DX were scattered around there.

"Hey y'all, this is my little cousin y/n. She just moved here from New York,"

"Oh we know, don't we Pony" Johnny said and nudged Ponyboy in the shoulder.

"Man, shut up" Pony responded, his face reddening.

Dally looked very confused but shook the interaction off and sat down on an old mattress.

"She's... Y/n how old are you know? " Dally asks.

"Some cousin you are Dal," y/n rolled her eyes. "I just turned 14 a week ago.

"Happy Birthday!" ponyboy said quickly. Everyone turned and looked at him. Ponyboy's face turned a deep red

"Thanks" she replied.

They all took turns asking questions for a while until Two-Bit it said "Hey y/n we're going to the drive in to catch a movie later, wanna come?"

"Sure, why not" y/n respond.