Family Dinner

After an hour of chilling at the lot with Dally's gang, y/n started to feel guilty thinking about her Dad unpacking all by himself.

"I'm gonna guys, I still have boxes to unpack," y/n said and stood up to leave, but Dally started speaking.

"Hold on, I'll walk you home kid," he stood up. Y/n said goodbye to everyone and they started to walk to her house.

Halfway there, y/n came up with a good idea. "Hey you got plans for this evening?"

Dallas turned to look at his cousin "Nothing particularly fancy, why?"

"Wanna stay over for dinner?" she proposed.

A smirk played on Dally's lips. "Yeah, I'd like that,"

When they got to y/n's house she ran straight up and opened the door. The sizzling of a pan and her Dad's voice could be heard singing some old song from when he was a kid.

"Hey Dad, I brought Dally home for dinner is that alright?" she called in.

"Of course," Her dad turned to face the door when dally walked in. "Dallas Winston, my you've grown some," he smiled and gave him a handshake.

"I'm doing just fine, Uncle Harry," Dally returned the smile.

Y/n's Dad ushered them into the sitting room to wait for dinner.

While sitting on the couch, Dally spoke up. "How did you like the gang?" he asked.

"They're cool, why?" she responded.

"Nothing' just Steve doesn't like the idea of a broad in the gang but I told him to give you a chance" Dally told her.

"Ponyboy said, And I quote that he 'liked your company' like who says that man?" Dally asked they. They both laughed.

"Wait wait wait, did you just say I'm joining your gang?" y/n asked after she stopped laughing.

"Yeah. Well, it's not like a 'gang' gang. There is some organised crime but that ain't us, we're really just friends," he explained.

After some thinking, y/n nodded "Alright cool," she smiled.

Then, Harry came back in to say that dinner was ready.

"Dad the food smells delicious," y/n  said as she sat at the dining table.

"Well it probably tastes okay too" he jokes with a smile.

The three of them sat down to eat and When Dally tastes the food he said
"Man this tastes great, I haven't had a meal like this in Forever"

While the family were eating Harry kept asking Dally questions about anything and everything, he even offered him to stay the night but Dallas replies with "Nah, you just moved in today. I'll let you guys get settled," he said, real polite. Y/n raised an eyebrow at this.

To the untrained eye, Dallas Winston look scary and mean but y/n knew better. She still saw the Dally that used to let her do his hair when he was in New York.