The Worst Kind Of Party Planning

The next day, Ponyboy was starting to come back to his senses. He was sitting up in bed, talking to me.

"So, did I miss much?" he asked me as he ate his toast.

Well let's see. 1. He told me that he wanted to run away with me 2. I punched Angela Shepard just cause she was hacking on me. I didn't want to worry Pony about any of that though so I kinda played it down.

"Eh nothing you can't catch up on love. Anyways, you're in court in 2 weeks. You nervous?" I asked.

Ponyboy nodded his head slowly but his face lit up when he thought of an idea. "Hey do you know what would make me feel better about- well... Everything really," he smiled weakly

"What?"

"If you went out with me after we win this case. I feel like we haven't spent any time together since before all of this mess," He asked.

"Are you sure that you're in the right headspace to plan a date now? Like I'm not going anywhere and-" I started before Ponyboy cut me off.

"Please Y/n," he looked at me all cutely and gave a slight smirk. All I could look at was his eyes. This is the first time his eyed looked like "his" since before that night at Buck's.

I smiled at him and thought "Those are the eyes that I fell in love with,"

"Alright Pony, you win. Wine and dine me all you want and I won't complain no more. Right now though I'm going to go to school," I kissed his lips and he acted really sad when it was only a short one.

When I walked downstairs I saw Dally storm out of the kitchen. He sat on the couch and put his head in his hands. I raced over to him.

"Y/n, I just. I can't go back in there, man " he looked at me with big sad eyes.

"Where? In the kitchen?" I asked. I was confused. I had only left Ponyboy's room once since last night (get your mind out of the gutter, bro).

Dally nodded and as I walked into the kitchen, I could see why he wanted to leave.

The gang were planning Johnny's funeral.
------------------

School wasn't very memorable. It hasn't been since Pony and Johnny ran away. The only conversation I remember having was with Curly Shepherd. He apologised for his sister and told me that he would be at the funeral.

He knew more about it then me to be frank. All I knew was that It was on Friday at the church by the park.

My Dad picked me up at half three and I asked him about how the transplant went.

He talked the whole was home and his face was lit up like a kid on Christmas. Man, my Dad loves his job.

He was so excited that I hoped he forgot all about the 'grounded for two weeks' thing but c'mon, Harry Winston doesn't forget shit.

Short enough but it physically pained me to write. Is this how S.E Hinton felt when she canonly killed off Dally and Johnny. 🙃