The Gang In The Hospital

"Dallas" I coughed. "Let him go,"

I could see Dally's face soften put he didn't put Ponyboy down.

"No, trying to get with my kid cousin," he snapped back.

"Which is me. So shouldn't you think that I should have a say in this? Put him down and I will explain,"I asked.

"Come on Dal, Don't kill the kid," Johnny reasoned.

"I won't kill him but I ain't putting him down till, I get a good enough explanation," He said.

"Ponyboy and I haven't even gone on a date yet. I'm sure he just called me his girlfriend to try get y'all in here,"

Dally raised an eyebrow at Ponyboy, who's face was now turning purple from lack of air flow. He nodded vigorously and was quickly released and and thrown to the ground.

"You are going on one, right... A date I mean," Dally turned to looked down.

"Yeah," Ponyboy choked, still on the ground.

"You hurt her and the last thing you will see is my fist, ya hear?" Dally threatened.

I giggled.

"Alright Dally I won't hurt her," Ponyboy said frightened.

Two-Bit and I burst out laughing.
"A-Alright D-dally," Two mimicked.

This made me laugh even more.
"Two-Bit hahahaha Stop haha my head is gonnna start hurtin' again," I said in between laughs.

It was as if they all had just remembered that I had gotten jumped and beaten half to death, they all crowded around my hospital bed. I only then noticed that everyone was there execpt Darry. He must've been in work.

"Y/n Sandy called me and we came as soon as we heard," Sodapop said.

Ponyboy clutched my hand. Dally noticed and glared at our hands but said nothing beacause I sent him a death stare.

"W-what happened?" Johnny asked.

"They uh... They got me in the library and chased me. They blocked the door and said that they needed to teach the greasers a lesson and I was the best bait," I told them.

I looked around and waited for someone to say something but they just stared at me.

"Uh I tried to run but they grabbed me, pinned me down and one threw a chair at me which made me black out," I pointed to the banddage around my head.

"Y/n do you remember anything else?" Ponyboy asked.

I tried to think and then something I had forgotten before came to me.

"Only one thing... That there is gonna be a rumble. This time next week," I said.