Star Gazing And Mickey Mouse

I didn't know why I was nervous telling my Dad. My mind likes to wander sometimes.

And No, I didn't think that he would do something irrational like ground me or ban me from seeing Ponyboy again. But like I said... My mind likes to wander.

"But Johnny killed him out of self defence and they came to Dally. I-" my throat hitched and I couldn't get my breath back. Was I going to cry? I can't remember the last time I cried.

Dally taught me to be tough like him so I wouldn't get hurt. That included not showing emotions like sadness or hurt.

My Dad stood up from the counter and rushed over to me. He engulfed me in a dad-hug and rubbed my back in circles. He hasn't saw me cry since I was a kid. Even when Mom died I only cried at night, when I was alone in my room.

"Shhh doll it's ok c'mere," he conforted me and brought me to the sitting room.

"Stay there and I'll be back," he reassured me. He threw me the fluffiest blanket we had and turned on the TV. There was a mickey marathon on and I thought of Two-Bit.

5 minutes later my dad came back in with a mug if hot chocolate. I wasn't crying anymore but instead, I was just looking blankly at the television.

Dad handed me the mug and sat down beside me. "Careful... It's hot," he warned.

---------------------------------------------------------

I fell asleep at some point during the marathon and when I woke up it was late at night. Some movie from the 40s was playing on the TV and my Dad was snoring beside me. Shouldn't he be-

"Shit," I said. I shook my Dad awake.

"Dad, you missed work!" I said and kept shaking him.

He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"No I already called in sick. You need me more," He said and hugged me.

"But-" I started, only to be cut off my my Dad "No Buts. When your Mom died you looked after me. Now you are worried about someone you love and it is my time to look after you."

"I mean I wouldn't say that I love him," I blushed.

"Uhuh, sure you don't," he smiled and nudged me playfully.

I thought about it but quickly changed the subject. "I probably won't be able to sleep now... Wanna play cards?" I asked.

"Ok then," he kissed the top of my head and went to the kitchen junk-drawer to get cards.

_____________________________
Meanwhile in Windrixville
=========================

It was late and the church was cold. Ponyboy was asleep but Johnny was lying awake.

He could never sleep much at home neither. That's why he spent some nights in the lot. The church was similar to the lot in a few ways. The constant breeze, odd noises and only having his jean-jacket for warmth. The difference was that Johnny couldn't see the stars through the church's wooden roof. He liked the stars. "I bet that there's no socs and greasers on the stars... Just people, or aliens or something" he whispered and let out a smile.

Then Pony turned over and opened his eyes. Johnny didn't know how long he was awake.

"Wanna go outside and see them?" Ponyboy said.

"You heard what Dally said. We're only allowed outside the church for water," Johnny sat up.

"What Dallas doesn't know won't hurt him... Besides, it's only for a little while. I promise that we will be back in this church before the sun comes up," Ponyboy crossed his heart.

"Then what're you waiting for? C'mon," Johnny said and ran out of the church.

"Johnny! Wait," Pony got up and walked out after him.

"God Pony, speed up. You're the one on the track team,"Johnny rolled his eyes.

They lay down on the grass and looked up. To think that they were doing the exact same thing about 24 hours ago.

"Johnny?" Ponyboy asked after 10 minutes of silence.

"What's up?" Johnny turned his head.

Pony fidgeted with his hands "How long do you think we are gonna be here?"

"I don't know, man. Why?"

"Just-" Ponyboy sighed. "What if we're here for like, a month and then when we do go back I see y/n making out with Curly Shepherd or something?" he ran his hands over his face.

"Curly Sh- why on earth would you think that?" Johnny questioned.

"Curly likes y/n... I mean who wouldn't," Pony blushed.

"Me... But that's only because I'm a ga- a good friend," Johnny quickly corrected himself before continuing "Anyways I can tell by the way she looks at you that she won't be going out with Curly anytime soon,"

"Good. Cause she's the only one for me," Ponyboy looked up into the sky.

Johnny nodded but then a few seconds later he thought of Ponyboy in the drive-in.

"Really? You seemed to have taken a fancy to Cherry Valance the other night," he said. Johnny didn't want
Y/n to be heartbroken.

"Cherry? What No! Why would you even say that?" Ponyboy exploded.

Johnny didn't say anything and when Pony calmed down before coming to a realisation.

"Do you think that's why she left the Drive-In early?" he popped himself up on his elbows.

"I'm not sure man. But it's freezing out here. Wanna go back inside?" Johnny asked.

"Yeah ok," he said and the both went inside.