Aftermath

Imagine the song Rosyln by Bon Iver is playing in the first scene. I'll link it above and tell you when to stop playing it.

When we got back to Buck's the party had died down a bit. There was still drunks there but at least there wasn't any fighting.

We went straight back to Dallas's room and sat on his bed.

"Do you know when we will see them again?" I asked.

"Nope," He lay across the bed.

"Do you know what we will say to the rest of the gang?" I asked and lay down with him.

"Nope" he looked up and stared at something.

I followed his gaze and saw a fly was circuling the yellow lightbulb on the ceiling.

I turned my head and looked at Dally.

"Want a hug?" I asked.

"Yep," he said and pulled me into a hug.

We stayed there for awhile and eventually fell asleep. I woke up once to pull the covers over us.

You can stop playing the song now if you want.

I woke up to the sound of voices. I opened one eye and there was bright light blazing through the window. I closed my eyes again and tuned in to the conversation.

"Cut the shit, Dal. You know where he is," A voice said frustratedly.

"If you don't tell us then the fuzz is gonna get it outta you," Another said.

I sat up and yawned I looked and saw Darry and Sodapop questioning Dally. Who was back in his chair.

"If I tell you will have something to hide from the cops. I'm giving you deniability," Dally explained.

"Is the story out in the paper yet?" I asked and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"Morning Y/n. Wait, you know about this?" Soda questioned.

"Uh yeah, of course I do. Now is the story out or not?" I pushed.

"Yeah, Yeah here. Apparently loverboy's famous," Dally chuckled and threw todays paper over on the bed.

The headline read: Juvenile delinquents on the run after murdering an 18 year old.

"Juvenile delinquents ey," I smirked at the paper and continued to read the editorial.

The murder of Robert Sheldon occurred a little after 2 this morning. Witnesses say that they saw him get stabbed by two teenagers. They were later identified as Ponyboy Curtis (14) and Johnny Cade (16). Police have not yet found them. If you have information about their whereabouts, go to your local police station.

I read the article and put the paper down on the bed. I stared blankly at the wall for a minute. Ponyboy surely wouldn't stab that soc. I didn't know the whole story a but I was almost sure that Johnny was the one who killed him. I'll get Dally to fill me in later.
________________
Ponyboy's POV
=============

It was early afternoon and we were on our way to Jay Mountian. The only problem was that we had no idea where Jay Mountain was.

After a half an hour of walking we came across a couple of oil miners on their lunch break.

Johnny and I glanced at each other and it was like we communicated telepathically.

"They'll notice me," I said and turned to him.

"They won't man, they don't read the paper round here," he said.

"Well... What will I say?" I cross my arms.

Johnny looked at the miners and then back at me. He put his hand up on his forehead to shield his eyes from the sun.

"Just say you're a farmboy or somethin', they won't know any better," he insisted.

"Do I look like a farmboy to you?" I asked but he only gave me a you-don't-want-me-to-answer-that look.

I sighed and started to walk over to them, I picked a stick up off the ground and used it as a walking stick. Then I put a wheat grain in my mouth like I've seen farmers do in movies.

____________
Your P.O.V
==========

I was at home and my Dad was in bed. I took the newspaper off the floor of the porch and threw it in the bin. I wanted to tell him about Ponyboy and Johnny and I wasn't gonna let 'Tulsa Weekly' do it first.

I went upstairs and got in the shower. I was still a little in shock by the situation but I was a little calmer after I replayed in my head what Dally told me in about last night.

He said to me "The redhead from the drive-in, Cherry, her boyfriend is a psycho. He went after Johnny and Ponyboy. He tried to drown Pony. Johnny killed him out of self defence, man."

I got out of the shower and put on some comfortable clothes.

When I got downstairs my Dad was sitting at the counter with a mug of coffee.

"Couldn't sleep?" I kissed him on the cheek.

He groaned. "The one thing that I hate about night shifts are that-" he started.

"That you can never manage to fall asleep after? Yeah Dad, I know," I finish for him.

I turn around and pop toast in the toaster.

"How was the Drive-In?" he asked.

I chuckle and turn around slowly. I pull out a chair from the counter and sit down.

I laugh nervously "haha yeah... About that," I said.