The Accidental Rumble

"No one look at them," Johnny said and looked at the ground picking at his bucket of popcorn.

"Hey Grease," the one of them said.
The socs began to walk off but another one spotted me.

"Who's this now, whats a pretty broad like you hanging around with scum like this?" he said while lifting my face up with his thumb.

That definitely agrovated Ponyboy a lot. "Leave her alone" Pony said frustratedly and took his hand away from mine.

"Why should I?" The soc said and the rest of their gang laughed.

" 'Cause she never did nothin' " he responded defensively.

From then I could see that this wasn't gonna end well. Before anything could get out of hand I said "Pony stop, let's just go sit down,"

"You know what, we probably should," He said calmer that he was before.

We were about to Turn aroumd and go to our seats when the soc that tried to talk to me sucker-punched Ponyboy in the nose.

In return Two-Bit punched him back and Johnny joined in when the socs started to back the guy up.

I immediately check if Pony's Ok but I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my side I look down and there was a piece of broken wood lodged in between my ribs.

Then I see a car with blue and red flashing lights parked where the rest of the cars are. 2 cops hop out of the car and the socs run back to their fancy cars.

Our gang run and hide in a Bush just behind the cinema screen. Then the pain kicked in.

I tried my hard my hardest not to scream. The pain seared through my body, I needed to pull the slab of wood out of my side.

I reached down to pull it out.
"No, Don't" Ponyboy said so loud that he was almost shouting.

His slick dark brown hair began to fall out of place as his eye brows furrowed with worry.

"We should get you to Darry, he will know what to do and you will bleed to death if you pull it out" he said expertly.

"Me and Pony should go get Darry and drive back here, Johnny you stay with y/n," Two-Bit said quickly.

"No. You guys go and ill stay with Y/n. It was my fault she got in this mess and I'm not gonna leave her side until its fixed," Ponyboy said defensively.

You looked at him with a confused face. He didn't do this that aggressive soc did.

"OK," Two Bit and
Johnny agreed and Left the Drive-In under a fence, sprinting in the direction of the Curtis's house.

"Pony , it's not your fault. It's that soc that threw the slab at me" I said very confused.

"I know, but if I stayed where the hell I was and didn't drag you up to the concession stand like a chicken the socs wouldn't know that there was greases in the Drive In," Ponyboy said. I could tell that he was angry with himself.

"Pone, I don't blame you for anything.
In fact I am incredibly grateful," I said as I looked into his foggy green eyes.

He was flustered for a second but then asked " W-why are you grateful".

"Two reasons, First you tried to keep both of us safe by dragging me out of my seat and the second, I don't know what that soc would've said next if you hadn't stood up for me" I said.

The plank in my ribcage was extremely painful but talking like this kept my mind off it.