Lockers

_____________
Your POV
==========
I left lunch early to go check my timetable and get my book. When I got to my locker I saw Ponyboy sprinting through the front door panting, his head glistening with beads of sweat.

"Hey Pony, you do a lap of the school or somthin'?" I asked playfully while opening my locker.

Pony leaned against a random locker and tried to control his breathing. He looked oddly gorgeous even in his sweaty state.

"Nah, I ran down to the DX. Wanted to talk to Soda,"he said and he wiped his forehead with she sleeve of his shirt.

"Man, that's a twenty minute walk each way, lunch is only a half an hour long. How?" I asked in disbelief.

"What, can I say. I'm on track, I cut the time in half," He said trying so show off.

"What's your next class?" I asked.
I realised I had been staring at him so I hid my red face behind my locker door.

"Uhhh- Biology with Ms. Rushfield," He admitted.

'Shit, he noticed me staring' I thought.
I tried to recollect what he said and then replied with "Yeah same,".

We walked to class together but stopped right outside the door.

"Let's just hope that soc isn't in our biology class," He chuckled and walked through the frame.

I had to admit that I was a fan of Ms. Rushfield. She didn't introduce me in front of the class but instead she just smiled.

The soc was in our class but that's not the reason why my face flushed when I saw where I was sitting. The only seat available was infront of Ponyboy.

The first 15 minutes of the lesson was fine but I looked up from the notes I was writing when the teacher said "Mr. Curtis what homework did I just assign?".

"Em- identifying plant cells miss," Pony said unsurley from behind me.

"Very good, that's to prepare for a test on Friday that counts for how much of your grade this semester, Mr Curtis?" Ms. Rushfield asked with her hands crossed.

"I'm not sure ma'am," Ponyboy admitted.

"10%, I think that ought to be more important than what's on the back of Ms. Winston's head!" she responded sharply.

The whole class laughed but the loudest laugh by far was the jackass from English.

I took my hair from behind my shoulders and tried to shield my face with it. I was smiling.

At the end of class Ponyboy went rushing straight out. I tried to follow him through the crowd of students but I couldn't find him. He was not at his locker either. I went to my next class. It was double History. Damn this was bad for two reasons.

1. Pony had already done history today.

2.It was a double lesson so I would have to wait 2 hours to question him at our lockers instead of 1.