Point Of View

I stopped dead in my tracks and started at the rehead standing in the kitchen.

"Hey babe, what's wrong? You just paused," Ponyboy asked, his hand on my arm.

I shook my head, it wasn't the right day for him to be worried about me.
"Nothing. I-I was just thinking about what I'm going to say in court,"

He raised an eyebrow, not believing shit. "All right... Just answer their questions and you'll be fine,"

I nodded, as we walked into the kitchen the whole room erupted in a chorus of "Hey, y/n you got outta jail!" and "Long time no see,"

Dally looked at Cherry, then me, then Cherry again. Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I had told Dal about what happened that day in the library.

Cherry looked up at me and quickly grabbed her purse. "Randy's waiting outside for me, I should really go. I'll see you guys at the courthouse though,"

Cherry darted out if the house and everyone was silence with confusion.
"Uhh, what was that all about," Steve asked.

"Beats me," Two-Bit replied and then just like that, the whole thing was forgotten.

I smiled and sat down, greatful for the boys' goldfish memory.

--------
Ponyboy's POV
==============

I woke up the morning of the trial, very stressed. If today didn't go well then Soda and I would be taken away to god knows where. If that happens then the gang will be broken up and y/n-

What will happen to me and y/n if this trial goes south? I can't even begin to imagine.

I woke up and got dressed into something that was a little too uncomfortable for my liking, when I got downstairs Darry hugged me.

"We'll be alright," He smiled. I wasn't sure if he was trying to reassure me or himself.

While we were eating breakfast, which consisted Sodapop's chocolate cake, the whole gang slowly came into the house.

"Thank you," Two-Bit said as he yanked the last piece of cake.

"Man, no fair. I didn't get any," Steve protested.

Two-bit looked disappointed as he bit into the slice of cake "Don't be too upset. Y/n's cake is way better,"

Soda slapped Two-Bit's arm "Thanks alot Two,"

Two-Bit shrugged and swallowed the last bite. "Hey Pony, where's your girl anyway?" he asked.

Ponyboy looked around "Uh, I don't know. Dally you did tell her that she was speaking in court today, right?"

--------
Dally's Thoughts
===============

Yeah, I may have forgotten to tell y/n about that... Shit.

Alright play it cool. Just lie

"Yeah, of course I did,"
-

Ponyboy put his plate in the sink and when he turned back around everyone was staring at him like they were waiting on something.

"Don't worry, I'm gonna go get her. No need to stare at me," he said and rinsed the chocolate off.

Ponyboy took his jacket and walked down to y/n's house. It was getting colder by the day in Tulsa.

He knocked on her door and within 20 seconds, the door started opening.

Y/n opened the door and smiled. Suddenly, Tulsa didn't seem so cold anymore. She looked breathtakingly beautiful in her blue dress.

"Hi Darlin" Ponyboy greeted her