The Hospital

I woke up on a hard surface and realised that I wasn't on the soft cushion-like carpet that covered the floor of the library. I thought the carpet would now be stained red with my blood. Then, I heard the beeping of a heart-rate monitor.

"The Hospital," I thought to myself "Just great, now my dad's going to find out," He was going to find out eventually, I can hide stitches but not my head.

My thoughts were quickly interrupted by voices, but not voices that I recognised.

"Slyvia, we know that you wouldn't have saved her if you knew who she was," one voice said.

"Maybe but- look, shes waking up," An other says.

I open my eyes to see three girls surrounding me. I was startled beacause I thought it was the soc girls from the library. When my eyes adjusted I quickly realised that they were greaser girls. I just didn't recognise them.

One wore black jeans and a red bardot style top. Her hair was Blonde, but it was very obvious that it was bleached to look that way. She was standing at the open window smoking a cigarette with her arms crossed.

Another one wore a white shirt that looked similar to one that Steve was wearing, a couple days ago and a black skirt that if I wore my Dad would ground me for life. She had Brown hair that cut off around her shoulders.

The last girl interested my the most. If she wasn't with the other two then, I would've mistaken her for a soc.
She had china blue eyes and blonde hair that was definitely natural. She's Extremely pretty and I bet that guys fell at her feet the same way that girls did with Sodapop.

"Hi y/n, we didn't think you'd wake up so soon," the brown haired girl said kindly.

"Hi... I'm sorry, who are you guys?" I asked.

"I'm Sandy, she's Evie and the girl by the window is Sylvia," the pretty girl said.

"Oh of course I am an idiot. Steve and Soda never shut up about you guys," I laughed now sitting up.

Slyvia stubbed out her cancer stick and turned to me.
"Do you know who I am?" she asked frustratedly.

"I'm sorry but I don't. Should I know who you are?" I asked.

"Typical," Was all she said before bolting out the door.

"What's her problem?" I asked.

"That's Sylvia, She's Dallas's ex. He did the right thing breaking up with her. She was two-timing him. I just hate people who do that, don't you Sandy?" Evie said.

Sandy was staring blankly at the ground. "Huh, oh yeah," was all she said.

My head started throbbing where the chair hit. My vision started to get blurry and and I quickly blacked out again.

When I woke up Sandy and Evie were still there.

"A couple nurses pushed us out to do tests but still no sign of a doctor," Evie sighed.

"How did I get here?" I asked.

"It was lunch period and Sylvia was going to skip. Instead of going to the cafeteria she was gonna go to Buck's. When she saw a crying redheaded soc walk out of the library with blood on her face," Sandy said.

"She walked into the library, saw you and ran back to the cafeteria to find us. We drove you to the hospital," Evie continued.

Then a doctor walked in with his head in his chart. "It said you have a concussion and a couple torn arteries," he said. He didn't look up from his chart to see my face.

"It says here that your name is- Y/N!" when the man looked up I realised that it was my Dad.

"H-how did this happen, doll," he asked now beside me. His eyes were full of fear.

"I got beaten up by some socs," I said but instantly regretted it.

My Dad hates the rivalry between the social classes. He thinks that we are all just people and often I think that we would be living on the West Side if he didn't give away the majority of his salary away to help out people, either an old friend in a tight spot with money or a colleague trying to get through med school.

"Just rest, it will help your recovery," he switched to his doctor voice but I could see the hurt in his eyes.

He changed the bandage around my head and checked my monitor. Then, he left the room to notify a nurse that I was awake.

"We have to go y/n, I'm sorry but we'll abe up soon," Evie said.

"It's alright guys, you go," I said. I laid my head on my pillow and closed ny eyes.

I heard the door close and just sat in silence for a couple of minutes.

Then, I heard voices outside.

"I'm sorry but I can't possibly let all of you in," A nurse said.

"Oh come on you can, She's my cousin," a voice said.

"Yeah and she's my girlfriend..." another said.

Then I knew who was ouside.

"What did you say you little shit!" Dally shouted.

The nurse opened the door and ran away. To be honest I would too if I could move.

"You told me to ask her out!" Ponyboy said as he backed into the room.

"I DIDN'T THINK SHE'D ACTUALLY SAY YES TO YOU, YOU LITTLE SHIT," I could tell he was angry and he stormed in the room.

He lifted Pony up by his shirt and slammed him against the wall.