Two-Bit's Car

We all sprint out the door and around the corner. There we see a bunch of socs surrounding Ponyboy. One had what looked like a blade at his throat.

The whole gang ran over and started punching the socs. I grabbed one and decked him, then proceeded to give him a bloody nose.

I kicked him and he scrabbled to get in a red mustang. We threw stuff like cans and bottles at the car. Dally even tried to climb in the open car window.

I looked back and seen Soda beside a hurt Ponyboy.

I ran over and noticed that he was crying. He sniffed and dried his eyes when I came over "You looked badass punching that soc, y/n," he smiled.

Then red blood started to drip down his neck.

"Thanks love. Let's get you cleaned up," I say and help him off the ground.

We walk back to the Curtis house with Darry telling Pony that he doesn't use his head.

When we get back to the house Steve did a flip off his car and hit his head. Darry said that Pony needed to do his homework.

"Uh y/n, if you have any homework to do then you can do it here. If you want to," Darry says.

"Thanks Darry, I'm gotta go home and get my books first though," I reply. Two-Bit puts out his cancer-stick and walks over.

"I'll drive you, if you want," he offers.

"Sure, thanks Two-Bit," I smile.

He hops in the drivers seat and shouts out. "Wanna give me a push-start?"

"No but we will," Ponyboy says.

Johnny, Pony and I all push Two-Bit's car until it starts running. Then I hop in the shot-gun seat.

We get down the road with Two-Bit cracking jokes from the get-go. Until he asks.

"How was your date with Ponyboy?" he asks and changes gears.

"Wait, he didn't tell y'all," he shakes his head.

"Well he probably told Pepsi-Cola but no one else," He said.

"Well... He asked me to be his girl. I said yes but don't tell anyone... Please Keith," I begged.

"I know someone is being serious when they use my first name... Alright Little Winston, my lips are sealed," he said and mimed locking his lips.

"Haha Alright Two, this is my road," I said and nodded the way he needed to turn.

We stopped outside my house. I told him that I will be less than 30 seconds and hopped out.

I ran in and grabbed my book bag. My Dad wasnt there so I wrote a scribbled note. "Doing schoolwork with Ponyboy, leave my dinner in the microwave," it read.

(when ever I say or type the word "microwave" the woman that said "meecrowwavay" comes into my head)

I looked at my messy handwriting before muttering to myself. "He's a doctor. He should be able to read my writing, even if it looks like utter pig shit, Right? Right," I said and walked back out to Two-Bit.

He's leaning against his car. "Shouldn't a doctor live on the soc side of town?" he asked with one eyebrow raised.

"Yes, he should but my Dad hates the soc rivalry as much as you," I smiled and climed in the car.

We got back to the Curtis house and when I opened the door, Sodapop engulfed me in a hug.

"Wha- oh ok then," I said.

"Ponyboy just told us. I'm so happy for you guys," he flashed what Pony called his 'movie star smile'.

"Welcome to the family y/n!" Darry called from the kitchen.

"Yeah, let's just forget about little old Two-Bit standing like an idiot on the porch," Two-Bit said from behind me.

"Oh, Sorry man," I stood aside and let Two-Bit come inside.

"Ponyboy come downstairs, your girlfriend's here," Sodapop shouted up the stairs.

"Coming!" (that's what she said 😏) he said and less that 5 seconds later he came barging down the stairs.

"Hey, let's go," he said and was just about to drag me upstairs when Darry intervened.

"Not. So. Fast. Where do you think you're going?" he said with his arms crossed.

"Uhh my room?" Ponyboy said.

"My Ass!" Darry replied.

"Darry I'd have to say no to that one, thanks," I said with a disgusted face.

Then Two-Bit started laughing uncontrollably and high-fived me.

"Oh come on, you know we wont do anything!" Ponyboy protested.

"Kitchen Table, or no where," Darry ended the conversation.

We walked over to the table and start working on work. I had to help him with Physics, much to his embarrassment.

"Dally, Johnny and I are going to the drive-in tommorrow. Wanna come?" Ponyboy asked.

"Sure. Why not?" I said and smiled.

We worked on the English project for a bit before Darry started cooking dinner.

"Y/n, are you staying for pasta?" he asked.

"Nah I have dinner waiting for me at home. Thanks though. I should probably get going now anyway," I said and packed my books up.

"I'll walk you home," Pony offered.

We walked out the door and he grabbed my hand. We interlocked fingers and strolled down the street.

When we got to my house the light was on. My Dad was home.I stood up into the porch and turned to Ponyboy.

"Uhh goodnight," he said. We both went in for a kiss. As soon as our lips touched, the door opened.

We quickly pulled away and I turned to the silhouette in the doorway. He was too tall to be my Dad.

He stepped out into the porch light.

"I'll give you five seconds to run," Dally said with his hands in tight fists.