Stitches And Guilt

Just then I heard the sound of an engine. Ponyboy and I turn around to see Darry, Two-Bit and Johnny hop out of Darrys truck.

They found a broken part of the fence and we climbed out. The car ride back to the Curtis's was very short but by the time we got there I was nauseous.

I got on the couch and Darry pulled the wood out of my side and took the broken pieces while Two-Bit left to get Dally.

"He won't be boozed up yet, the movie wasn't even half over when we left," Johnny said to him before he went.

Ponyboy had stuck to his word and didn't leave my side. I knew he still blamed himself no matter how many times I told him that it wasn't his fault.

When it got to silent for my liking I said "When we were hiding from the cops... It brought me back to New York. I thought they'd be different here,"

"Nah, the cops around here are bias. If they see greasers next to a hurt girl, Man we'd all be thrown in the cooler," Ponyboy said with a chuckle.

Darry finished stitching me up and said "Wait for Dally to come back until you go home. He's gonna want an explanation,".

"Alright. Thanks for stitchin' me up Darry," I say gratefully.

I looked at my watch the face read 9.30

"When your curfew?" Pony asked curiously.

"11" I said.

Just then, Dally burst through the door followed by Johnny and Two-Bit.
He kneeled down in front of where you were sitting on the couch.

"Y/n, are you alright? How the hell did this happen?" Dally looked really concerned and I could tell by everyone else's face that it wasn't everyday you would see him worried.

"Yeah Dal I'm fine," I said and proceeded to tell him the whole story (minus the fact the Pony and I held hands),

I could see his face ease up the more I told him.

_______________
Ponyboys POV
============
I Didn't know how she did it. She was sitting there obviously in pain but she didn't yelp or flinch once.

When Dally came in I could tell that they were close. Dally never cared much about anyone, but he definitely cared about y/n.

Hearing the story over made me feel more guilty. It's not physically my fault but I know if I weren't such a chicken then we would all be watching the movie, Dal wouldn't be worried and y/n wouldn't be in pain.