The Close Call

I'm going a bit off plot for this chapter so just trust me.

In the car ride home I got an earful. I tried to focus on the rhythm of Rolling Stones song on the radio while my Dad scolded me about skipping school and sneaking away behind his back. He didn't shout at me very often so I knew that I was in deep shit.

When we got home he stormed up to my room, locked my windows and took my records. He turned to me and huffed.

"You only leave this room to use the bathroom or get food and water, ya hear?" I could see a vein almost pop out of his head.

I nodded and he left in a flash. I looked out my window and I saw what looked like Buck's car drive past.

"I must be hallucinating from the smoke," I thought. I lay down on my bed, worrying about the gang at tonights rumble.

——————————————————

About an hour later, I heard the phone ring downstairs. My Dad picked it up and talked anxiously for a minute. Then, he ran up to my room and burst open the door.

"Y/n Quick! Dallas is gone and I think that he's gonna do something that he'll regret," My Dad said frantically.

I was stunned to the point where the only words that I could muster was "Dad, I'll call you when I have him."

I ran downstairs and sprinted out the door, I didn't stop to close it and I practically jumped the gate.

My head started pounding. Why was Dally missing? What happened? If I was Dallas Winston, what would I do?

The last one was the easiest. Probably get into trouble with the fuzz. I couldn't let him get arrested again, arrested or worse...

No, I couldn't think like that. He-

My worst case scenario brain came to a halt when I saw a glimpse of something. I stopped running and turned my head to see into the store window that I was next to. Dally was standing there, ripping up magazines. With a heater in his other hand.

I ran into the shop just in time to see Dally walking up absent-mindedly to the till. He was gonna shoot the man behind it if I didn't react quickly.

"Dallas please don't," I said, my voice shaking.

Dally turned his head to look at me. He hadn't realised that I had came in.

I slowky walked over to him. "Dal, you're running again but you don't have to. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere, now please just give me the gun,"

Dallas put the gun on the floor and slid it over to me. I caught it under my foot and turned to the shaking shopkeeper.

"I'll give you double the price of the magazines if you don't call the cops," I said. The shopkeeper nodded his head nervously and the till went 'ding'

"Uhhhh t-ten dollars, miss," he said and I handed him 20.

I walked Dally out of the store, then he hugged me so tight that I could barely breath. When he let go I could see a glistening in his eyes. Was Dallas Winston crying?

"Hey hey, what's wrong Dal?" I asked with a concerned face.

Then, Dally's lip started quivering. "Johnny... Johnny's dead,"