The Drive-In

Y/n sat on her bed, reading a magazine when she heard a knock at the door.

She knew it was Dally because they had agreed that he would pick her up. But part of her secretly hoped that it was Ponyboy.

"Hey Dal," She said while trying to hide the look of disappointment on her face.

"WHO IS IT?" y/n's dad yelled down from the upstairs bathroom.

"Just Dally, Dad. We're gonna go now, Ok?" she called.

"OK just be home by 11," y/n heard him say before she closed the door.

"Hey kid, I don't think I'll be there tonight, there's a party on at Buck's," He said while fixing his hair.

"Damn Dal, Leave me on my first night out," she joked.

----------------------
1st Person POV
=============

When we got to the Curtis's house Dally opened the door and Ponyboy was on the couch with two bit and Johnny beside him.

"Hey Dally and y/n" Johnny says which makes Ponyboy turn his head.

"Well the film starts at 7:45 so we should probably leave if we wants to catch the start of it," Two-Bit says.

When we went out of the house, Dally told the gang about the party so he left straight away. Johnny and Two-Bit
were deep in conversation and were walking a few strides ahead of Ponyboy and I.

"Do you know what movie we're gonna watch?" I asked him sheepishly.

"No idea, honestly I am the only one that watches them when we go to the drive-in," He responded.

"Yeah, I know how you feel. Back in New York we had a picture house across the road from us and I was the only one who bothered to go," I said while grinning because we were finally talking.

To get to the drive-in was a ten minute walk but it felt so short while I was talking to Ponyboy. We talked about movies mostly and books.  He's the only guy I know that digs books. He was very charming.

When we got there we crawled under a wire fence and sat down. When the movie started we found out that it was an action movie. That was good I like action movies and you could tell be Pony's face that he liked them too.

I could see Johnny whisper somthin to  Two-Bit and They got up and Two-Bit said "Do you want popcorn, I'm buying?"

"Yeah I'll have some popcorn," I said.

"Me too," pony said with a smile

I chuckled because I knew that it was a set up.

"Listen, I know what it might look like but I didn't tell them to go," Pony said honestly but while laughing.

"Yeah, I know. It's fine," I replied my face getting redder by the second.

Just then a group of rich kids started to sit down near where we were. Ponyboy grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my seat and over to the concessions stand.

When we got there he still hadn't let go of my hand our fingers now interlaced. Two Bit and Johnny were paying for the 4 buckets of popcorn. They spotted our hand holding and nudged eachother like 12 year old girls.

"There's a gang of socs down where we were and I don't wanna cause no trouble" Pony said and held my hand tighter.

"Wait, what are socs?" I said confused.

"The South Side Socials, they are more commonly known as the Socs," Two-Bit said.

"They're from the rich side of town and they LOVE to jump greasers" Johnny said.

"White trash with mustangs and madras" Pony added and spat on the ground.

"Ok Well the 'white trash' is coming this way," I said. Even from those few sentences I could tell that these 'socs' were trouble.