Thank Yous And Promises

As we walked to the Curtis's I tried to get Dal to tell me what happened after he ran away from the hospital. I couldn't understand a thing beacause every second word he said was 'man'.

When I opened the door, the whole gang was waiting in the living room for us. They turned their heads and sighed in relief. Dally went to sit down and I had to use the phone.

The second I dialed my the number of my house, my Dad picked up.

"Hey Dad, I've got him. We're at the Curtis house now and I think I should stay here with him," I spoke into the phone.

I could hear the relief in his voice "That's great doll. Yeah you staying there might be best. But I have to leave early tomorrow for the liver transplant in California, remember?"

I did not in fact remember. My mind was too full over the past week to remember anything, really. I couldn't let my dad know that so I'd have to fake it till I make it.

"Yeah, sure I totally remember. What day are you back?" I'm a shit lier.

"Uh not till late Tuesday. I'll leave some cash for groceries in your room but as soon as I get back, you're grounded for 2 weeks," He said. I couldn't believe it. Like come on, I'm a first time offender.

"2! Alright then," I sighed "I'll see you on Tuesday Dad, Love you."

"See you hun. Night," My dad hung up the phone.

I turned and saw the gang sitting nack down. Dally wasn't there but I could hear the shower running upstairs so I assumed that's where he was.

"My Dad asked me to call him as soon as I got Dallas," I explained before sitting down beside Ponyboy.

"Where'd you find him y/n? We tried to look for him but we knew that he'd only listen to you," Steve said.

I told them everything and when I finished, they were silent. Ponyboy offered to make me a cup of coffee. When he got up, he started to stumble but I caught him.

"You alright Pone?" Soda asked with a worried expression.

"Me, yeah fine. Is it bright in here?" he asked lazily. I put my hand to his forehead and it felt as hot as a stove.

"God Pony, you're burning up," I told him.

Two-Bit's expression went from looking worried to looking guilty "I knew I should have told you guys," He stammered.

We all looked at Two and it wasn't long before he spilled "He was feeling a little warm earlier but made me promise not to tell anyone. If I did then Darry wouldn't let him fight. I didn't help that he got knocked out during the rumble."

"Wait he got knocked out? Darry can you call my Dad please, I think he might have a concussion," I said.

Darry called but the phone rang out. I only knew some stuff from watching my Dad but not as much as him.

"No pick up... Do you know anything else y/n?"

"Well we shouldn't let him sleep for at least three hours. He should be in a darkish room and should only drink water," I told them.

He nodded and carried Ponyboy upstairs. I talked to Dally when he came out of the shower. He was wearing some of Sodapop's clothes and that looked very weird to me.

Dally gave my a hug."Thanks for saving my life kid. I think I might crash here tonight," he said to me.

"Same. And don't worry about it, I'll save you anytime," I smiled at him.

Bad chapter. Better ones are coming I promise xx stay gold and do it for Johnny - Greaser99