I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 10

Alexis POV

I have to say, it was pretty fun watching my sister and her friends play volleyball. It was quite amusing seeing Chase falling flat on his face on the sand and diving for the ball.

The sun was starting to set, and we all decided to stay behind and watch the sunset. By the time the game had finished, half of the sun appeared to be resting on the ocean which casted a beautiful glow across the coast.

A figure was walking towards me, and my heart braced for impact.

"You like it?" Chase asked, cocking his head to the side. That was cute.

"Like what?" I asked, slightly dazed.

He chuckled, then replied, "The sunset, you smart cookie."

I let out a soft laugh and spoke. "Oh, y-yeah. It's gorgeous." I muttered, avoiding his stare and looking directly at the sun which made my eyes water a little.

After an awkward silence, he walked over to a chair across from mine, picked it up and flopped it down right next to me. He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something, but he didn't. Instead, he sat down, playing with the volleyball in his hand.

A few seconds later, he broke the quietness. "So.. um is your ankle okay?"

I looked down at my swollen ankle and shrugged. "It's fine I guess, it just hurts a bit when I put pressure on it."

"I see..." his voice trailed off. He put the volleyball down beside him. "Listen," he continued, "About that night... I don't want you to get the wrong impression of me. I may have seemed like a perv but believe me, I'm really not. It's just that... It's a long story."

"I have time." I said curiously, still avoiding his eyes. But I couldn't help it, just for one second, I told myself. My heart nearly lept out of my chest the moment our gazes met.

"It's because..." he started, "Uhh... I was drunk, s- so yeah. I acted kind of coo-coo." he scratched his head and an adorable grin fell on his face.

There was a small smile of amusement of my face as he stuttered while explaining. My smile grew even wider upon hearing the word 'coo-coo'.

"What's so funny?" he smirked.

I realized I was smiling like an idiot, so I quickly straightened up my expression. "O-Oh, nothing. Just something you said."

He let out shaky laugh. "What did I say?" he raised one eyebrow and licked his lips. Wow, that was tres sexy.

"Coo-coo." a smile curled on my lips and I burst out laughing. I couldn't understand why I was laughing at something that was so simple.

He too, laughed along with me, and I playfully shoved his shoulder. But before I could take my hand back, he suddenly grabbed it.

Our eyes met and no one spoke. For a few seconds, we stayed like that. My cheeks felt hot and I was pretty sure I was blushing.

"Uhh," I uttered, "Chase, my hand..." I was surprised I didn't slap him or something. Usually I would. But when he was around I just felt so... so... safe. I know it's too early to tell my feelings but I felt so lighthearted around him. He wasn't what I thought he was.

He looked startled and quickly let go of my hand. He ran his fingers through his almost bald hair and laughed. "Oh, sorry. Just got caught in the moment." he winked. I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach and I looked away.

"I-It's okay..."

We both watched the sunset, and as the others walked towards our direction, Chase turned to me. "Friends?" he asked, smiling and holding his hand out.

Without a second thought, I took it. "Friends," I smiled back knowing I wouldn't regret this. I was sure he was different from other guys.

------------------------------

Author's Note:

Do you guys think I should stick to Alexis' POV and just not do Chase's POV?

Let me know in the comment box :) It will be much appreciated!

Vote, Comment, Fan <3

------------------------------