I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 22

Authors POV

Chase played with the spaghetti with his fork. "What's wrong?" Alexis asked.

Startled, his face looked blank for a second. "Oh, uh, nothing. Eat up." he smiled.

They sat in uncomfortable silence, the sound of jazz music playing softly in the background. "So how was work?" Alexis asked, before taking a sip of water.

"It was good," he smiled, "I'm a bit tired." he said, sighing. "How's your salad going?"

"It's yummy," she exclaimed, taking a spoonful of lettuce and shoving it in her mouth. "Thif-if-fo good!" her mouth was a bit full, but Chase didn't mind that. He thought she looked gorgeous. She looked great in everything she does.

"Wait, there's something here," Chase said, tapping the spot at the edge of his lip. Alexis had mayo around her mouth.

Confused, Alexis licked her lips, "Where?" she wiped her mouth with her napkin, but missing the spot with the mayo. "Is it gone?"

Chase chuckled, before leaning over the table. He stopped about three inches from Alexis' face. "No, it's not. But it will be." he smirked. And before she knew it, Chase french-kissed her, and his tongue gently licked her lips clean. Even though she was sitting, she just felt so weak. Her legs felt like they were floating on air.

Their lips parted, yet Alexis' eyes stayed closed. Chase smiled to himself. "Earth to Alexis," he said, waving his hand in front of her face.

"Oh! Umm," Alexis couldn't find the words to say. She could feel her cheeks burning. Embarassed, she turned away and looked out the window.

Alexis POV

Wait... isn't that.... that chick who bitched me out at the hospital?! She got out of her car, strutting her ass like she was all that. Pfft. You're not even hot.

Okay, she's hot.

Whatever.

Suddenly, Chase started coughing, his hand on his chest.

"Chase? Are you okay?" I gaped at him.

He nodded, his face still wrinkled as he tried to gulp down water. When he could finally breathe properly, without a word, he grabbed my wrist tightly and we headed for the door.

"Ouch! Chase you're hurting me!" I whined as I tried to free from his strong grasp.

"We have to go!" he hissed while dragging me through the restaurant.

"Wait, why?!" I asked, completely confused about what was going on. "How about the bill?"

"Leave it!"

"I can walk by myself dammit!" I groaned. I was getting frustrated. What's with the rude act?

I was too busy looking at people who were staring at us that I hadn't realized we had come to a full stop. There were red stilletos in front of me. Whaaa?

My eyes travelled up the long slender legs, passing by the huge watermelon cleavage and eventually arriving at her face. My eyebrows knitted when I realized who it was.

"Surprise, surprise." the woman said, her hands on her hips. "Hey Chase. Long time no see. It's me, Cassandra. Remember?"

Cassandra?

......

Now where have I heard that name before?