I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 16

Alexis POV

Chase pulled me into a tight hug. I sat on the chair beside him and wrapped my arms lightly around his neck, trying to be gentle on whatever wounds he might've had.

As we pulled away from each other, he flashed me a big grin. I blinked back tears as I smiled back. "Are you okay? How are you feeling?" I said. "I'm sorry... it was all my fault."

My god, he looked awful... there was bandage around his forehead and cuts on his arms. He had a slight stubble, but it made him look sexier. He took my hand and held it tightly. "No. No it's not. It's no one's fault. No one knew it was going to happen, so please don't blame yourself..."

I didn't speak and kept my eyes on the floor. I didn't know what to say... I was so excited but now that I was here, I couldn't even talk.

"How bout you? Are you all right?" he grabbed my arm and twirled me around, scanning my body and arms.

"I'm fine," I laughed. "My, someone's very caring! You could've just asked you know. You didn't have to hurl me around."

He smiled genuinely and spoke. "You might lie to me. And besides, I can't forgive myself if I see a single cut or bruise on your body." "

Thanks. You're a good friend." Or boyfriend. I wish.

"Friend?" he cocked an eyebrow. "Yeah. What else?" my heartbeat accelerated and suddenly, his stares were sending jolts all over my body. I looked away.

"Well I was thinking maybe-"

Our conversation was interrupted as the door creaked open. Heels clicked as a woman, probably in her mid 50's walked into the room.

"H-Hey Mom," Chase said, eyes wide open from surprise.

That was his Mom?

"And who may this be?" her expression was stern as she lifted an eyebrow and angled her head.

Wow, she seems bitchy.

----------------------------------------------

Sorry for short chapter guys! I had to go to a party so yeah I wanted to post a chapter before I go :) Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------