I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 40

Hey guys, okay so this chapter switches POV alot so be careful when you're reading!

-------------------

Chase POV

"Chase, can you watch Alexis for tonight until we come back? My dad and I are just going to stop by our house and grab some of her things." Monica said.

But before I could reply, Eric stepped forward. Bastard. "I'll watch her," he said while looking at me.

"No, I'll do it. I'm her boyfriend anyways. Remember?"

Eric's nostrils flared while his jaw clenched. Suddenly my phone rang.

I backed away from a group, far enough so they couldn't hear my phone call.

"Hello?"

"Chase. Where in god's name are you?" my mom's voice was blunt, which meant she was incredibly, incredibly angry. I could hear classical music playing in the background.

"I'm sorry. I can't do it. I'll talk to you at home, I'm going there right now."

"Chase you can't just-"

I didn't bother listening to her stupid rant, I ended the call before she could finish.

When I looked up, I saw Eric glaring at me and I narrowed my eyes at him in irritation. I walked towards the group.

"Nice." Eric said, "Boyfriend makes a phone call while girlfriend is in critical condition. Haven't seen that before." he smirked.

I felt anger churning up in my stomach, and I had the strongest desire to lunge forward and rip his head off. If only Mr.Williams wasn't here.

"I have no time for this. Stay here for now, I have some issues to clear up. I'll be back."

"Sure you will."

With no time to argue, I made my way home. This is it. My mom can't control my life anymore. I don't care what it takes, I'll give up everything. Everything.

Monica POV

I sighed. The tension between Chase and Eric lingered in the air.

"I'm just going to the washroom for a second." dad said, pointing to a door down the hallway. I nodded.

After he was a reasonable distance away from us, I turned to Eric and crossed my arms.

"What really happened?"

He looked startled for a second. "Alexis got hit by a car."

"Before that." I said glaring at his unfunny answer.

"She was going to go meet Chase. She was about to cross the street when a truck hit her." he said in a sad tone, looking down.

Alexis didn't tell me she was going to meet Chase. "Why was she going to go meet him?"

"To break it off with him. We were dining at Lady Belle when she suddenly got up and said she had to see him. I asked her why and she said she needed to break it off with him for good."

I didn't know whether to believe him or not. I knew Alexis wouldn't break up with Chase just like that. "Are you sure?"

"What, do you think I'm a lying douchebag or some shit?" he hissed.

"No. Not at all," I shook my head, "I guess we'll just find out when Alexis wakes up, right?"

"Yeah. We will."