I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 13

Alexis POV

It was finally fifteen to twelve so I began gathering my stuff to head out for Red Robins. As I was walking out onto the streets, I noticed an extremely flashy convertible parked on the street. There was a man smirking at me. At me? I ducked my head and looked into the car and my heart nearly lept out of my chest as Chase flashed me a sexy smile. He waved at me, gesturing me to come over.

Slightly dazed, I headed for his car and he rolled down his window. "Need a ride?" he smiled.

"H-Hey Chase, how'd you know I was here?" I asked, although I didn't really care.

"I asked Monica. I didn't really want you to take public transportation," he replied. Wow, he was sweet. It made my heart beat more rapid than it already was. I'm surprised it could even go faster.

"Hello?" Chase waved his hand infront of my face.

I returned to reality and gazed at his handsome, grinning face in front of me. "You like the view?" he asked, his eyes lingering on mine and a playful smile on his lips.

"What?"

"Nothing. I think you should get in. Do you want your skin to burn?" he said while scanning my outfit. "You look great by the way."

"That's a lie," I teased as I opened the car door and hopped in. Well, it probably was a lie, since I was in my work clothes. "Sorry, I don't have time to change into something more casual." I added when I noticed he was dressed up. He was wearing a tux, probably an expensive one.

"It's okay, don't worry about it. You look pretty either way."

I felt my cheeks flush and I looked out the window to hide it as we drove away from Starbucks. "So, why are you dressed up?"

"Oh, this?" he asked. "It's what I wear to work. I'm an executive for my dad's company, so yeah."

"Oh wow. Are you rich or something?" my eyes widened. I was curious. There was still a lot that I didn't know about him.

"Well... Considering I'm the son of the owner of a multi-billionaire world-wide company... I guess so," he shrugged then chuckled.

"REALLY? Damn. I wish I was as rich as you," I exclaimed. I really wish I was. Maybe I could be ... if I married him... Oh come on Alexis, in your dreams. Who wouldn't dream of a hot, rich, gentleman, and loving husband?

"You can be, if..."

"What?"

"Nothing," he smiled and focused on the traffic ahead of him.

It was awfully quiet for a few minutes, so I decided to turn the radio on. A slow, beat began followed by love lyrics.

Hello, I'm just a fool who's willing to sit around
and wait for you
But baby can't you see, there's nothin' else
for me to do I'm hopelessly devoted to you

I sank back into my seat, as silence sliced through the atmosphere. Great, just what I need. A sappy love song to make everything awkward. My pulse accerelated as I noticed Chase looking intently at me. Oh, God! Why was he looking?  

Trying to avoid his gaze, I swallowed, then looked to the side out my window. My eyes widened and I felt my body go numb. A truck was driving directly towards us... 

"CHASE! STOP! WATCH OUT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I curled my head down and closed my eyes.

My ears went numb from the defeaning honk coming from the truck. I braced myself for impact and winced as Chase threw himself on top of me and pulled me into his chest, trying to protect me. I felt a sharp pain on my head as I was swallowed into absolute blackness.