I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 39

Monica POV

Trying desperately to calm my nerves, I flipped my phone open and dialed my Dad's number.

"The number you are calling is out of service, please try again later."

I let out a frustrated groan while my hands tightly gripped the bench edges. What do I do? Where is my dad?

How about Chase? Maybe I should call him and let him know at least...

I thought about it for a second, then flipped my phone open again. He needed to be here, Alexis needed him. I know he loved her, and she loved him too.

I went through my contacts, found his number and pressed 'call'.

"What are you doing?" a frowning Eric asked me, his hand holding a cotton ball against his bicep. "I'm asking you, who are you calling?"

Shit. "Um-uh, my da-" he grabbed my phone from my hand before I had the chance to protest.

He looked at the screen and his eyebrows knitted together. "Do you think calling Chase would make everything better? She's fighting for her life, Monica! She doesn't need that bastard!"

"What do you want me to do? Just totally not let him know?" I hissed at him, throwing my hands in the air, "He has every right to now, just as much as you, me and everyone else. Why are you even keeping this a secret? The last thing she needs right now is a selfish conkhead like you!" I took my phone from him and marched out of that hallway.

I listened to his heavy footsteps following me. I walked even faster, and the footsteps did too. He suddenly got a hold of my arm. I turned around with a scowl on my face and he stared at me with intense eyes. "Don't you dare, call him, Monica."

"And what if I do?"

"I'll do this," again, he snatched my phone in his hand. He opened the back while staring at me angrily, throwing out the battery and removing the sim card.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I nearly cried, "You can't do that!"

He smirked. "Well I just did."

I watched him as he snapped the little card in half. I stared at him icily, breathing rapidly as I clenched my fists tightly. "Y-You..... Ugh!" there was so much anger in me at this moment, that I wanted to cut his head off and throw it off a tall bridge. I began to cry. Why are we even fighting? My sister's fighting for her life and all I could do was argue. "You know what? Whatever. Do what you want." I walked away from him and headed for the washroom, where I continued to sob even more. God, I hope she will be okay. Please. I'll do anything.

Chase POV

"Look at me darling," the gay man said as he held my chin and tilted my head up. "Beautiful. Your hair looks a-mazing!" he clapped annoyingly while smiling at his masterpiece.

"Don't touch me." I said flatly.

"PMS-ing are we?"

I glared at him and he stood back looking worried. "Hun, it's your engagement. Shouldn't you be jumping for joy?"

"I'd rather die than do that. Are you done? This is so fucking lame. I want to get out of here as soon as possible." I replied in the same cold voice. I wanted to get this over with. Do what my mom wants so everyone can freaking leave me alone. Do people enjoy trying to control my life?

"O-kay...." one of the guys said, sharing a look with the others. "You can go now. Just uh.. straighten up your tie."

I stood up from my seat and looked at myself in the mirror. My tie was crooked. Whatever. It's not like I actually cared.