I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 7

Alexis POV

I limped to my tent with a frown on my face. I mumbled a few illegal words before sitting down inside the cold, bare, tent. I winced at the cold sensation on my butt, and I hastily stood up and draped our fur blankets over the freezing ground.

After setting up the pillows in me and my sister's tent, I walked to the washroom with a flashlight in hand, clutching my bag of toiletries in the other. The ground was uneven and quite muddy, since it had been raining for the past weeks. But the weather was much better now. The sun came out of hiding occasionally and if not, it was usually cloudy.

On my way back to our campsite, I bumped into a familiar shadow. "Sorry," I said without looking up and quickly continued with my walk.

"It's okay," the person laughed. I know that voice.

I turned around, my forehead creasing after I saw who it was. It was Chase. I rolled my eyes and turned my back on him. In a split second, I tripped over a large rock and made contact with the mucky, wet earth.

"Owwwwwwwwwww!" I yelled after I felt a sharp pain in my knee. I stayed on my stomach for a few seconds, before struggling to get up.

I heard footsteps rushing towards me. Well, who could it be?

"Are you okay?" his voice was worried. He hurdled me up into his arms. Wow, he's strong..

"I-I'm fine. Can you put me down?" I asked, my heartbeat accelerating for some reason. I felt my cheeks heat up. Good thing it was dark out.

"I can't. How are you gonna walk?" he argued, his hands squeezing my knees a bit.

"Can you just put me down, seriously?" my tone was irritated because I was starting to get annoyed. I kicked my feet frantically in the air.

"Will you cut it out? Fine, I'll put you down. But don't call me when you realize you can't walk because your ankles hurt."

"I don't need you!" I hissed as I practically jumped off his arms while he was putting me down. I winced at the pain in my ankle. Ugh. He was right.

Just as he was starting to walk off, I debated with myself whether or not I should ask him for help. Screw my pride.

"Hey, Ch-Chase! Wait, help me!"

He turned around and smirked. But he didn't come towards me. Instead, he stood at his spot and crossed his arms, looking at me as if I was forgetting something. "Well? What's the magic word?"

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up! Just help me!"

No reply.

I drew a slow deep breath, before saying a word I barely ever have to say. "Please?" I said with my arms crossed and my eyes looking to the left.

Chase laughed and came towards me. He picked me up and nesteld me into his strong, toned arms. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Th-Tha... Thaaaa-" I stuttered.

"Did you say something?"

"Tha-Thaaaaaaa-" Ugh! Why can't I just say it.

Why is my heart beating so fast? He's not that cute.

..

Okay, he is cute.

"Mhm?"

"Th-Thank Y-You..."