I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 8

Chase POV

After a few minutes of trying to find our way back to our campsite, we finally found it. Our flashlight ran out of battery and luckily I had an extra one in my pocket. They had set up a campfire and everyone was sitting in a circle. We were showered with puzzled stares as we walked by and headed for her tent.

I set her down gently on the ground. Wow, she was so light. Does this girl eat? Or am I just strong?

For a few seconds, we shared an awkward, silent moment. I was kneeling on the ground and she was sitting in an uncomfortable position, clutching her blanket in her hand as if I was going to rape her or something. I decided to break the silence first.

"So are you okay?" I asked, my eyes lingering on her slightly swollen ankle. She pulled her blanket up and covered her legs. I smirked. "What do you see me as?"

"A pervert. You didn't think I forgot about what happened that night did you? You, me, wine and my Dior sequined top?" she crossed her arms. "Does that ring a bell?"

For a minute, I acted like I was thinking. I put a finger up to my chin and looked up.

"Hmm, yeah I remember. And I'm sorry. What's your point?"

"That top was a little over $300 you know." she whined. She was acting like a kid. Somehow, I found that attractive.

"So? You want me to pay you?" I acted like I was reluctant, when really I could pay her right then and there. She sighed.

"Whatever, just leave my tent okay?" I stood up, then ducked a little when I realized I was a bit to tall for this two person tent.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

She shrugged. "I'm fine, bye." she said, then making a waving gesture before I turned around and left.

Alexis POV I

shurugged and made a waving gesture, "I'm fine, bye." I wanted him to leave. Because I hate him. He ruined my favorite shirt! But the fast pace of my heartbeat seems to be telling another story... Oh, shut up Alexis! It's only physical attraction...

Immediately after he left, my sister came in. "Are you alright?" she asked, her eyes full of concern. I shivered slightly from the cold wind coming from the open tent entryway.

"I'm okay, but it's kind of swollen. I don't think I can walk." I put on a frown, but really I was quite happy because I had a chance to avoid the outdoors and relax in my tent.

"Aww that's too bad! We were planning to go down to the beach tomorrow for a volleyball game." a pout curled on her lips. "But it's okay! You can sit on the side and watch us! I'll get someone to give you a piggy back tomorrow," she smiled.