I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 18

Alexis POV

I dragged my feet towards the bus stop. It seemed like an eternity before I got there.. I didn't realize I had been crying all the way. I wiped my wet face before taking a seat. What was I thinking? Hanging around a guy who was too good for me... he doesn't deserve a person like me. I'm not the type of person he can show off..

Suddenly my phone rang.

"Hello?" my voice cracked.

"A-Are you crying?" Chase asked.

"No!" I tried my best to laugh. "I'm just tired, that's all. I have to go, my bus is here." I lied. 

"Oh, really now?"

"Yeah. Bye."

"Wait,"

"What?"

Chase chuckled, before speaking again. "You like to lie, don't you?"

"What do you mean?" my forehead creased.

"I can see you out my window," he said, laughing even harder. What?

I turned around, looking at the hundreds of hospital windows. "Which one?"

"The one with moving blinds"

I squinted my eyes against the sunlight, and found a window with swaying blinds. "Oh.." I waved and smiled, so did he.

"Listen, I'm sorry about my mom. She's always been like that. Don't worry, I'll keep her away from you."

"It's okay. Listen I have to go okay? My battery's running low," No.. no don't go... stay on the phone with me...

"Are you sure you're going to be okay, Ginger Ale?" he said. I heard him gasp. No one spoke until I broke the silence.

"Ginger Ale?" my eyes widened. No.. It can't be... only one person calls me that..

"Uh- wait, I m-meant..." he stuttered.

My heart pounded violently against my chest and I held onto my phone tightly. "Morgan...?"

Our conversation was interrupted by a black Mercedes pulling up in front of me, purposely running into a puddle and splashing dirty water onto my clothes. I looked down at my now stained shirt as I crinkled my forehead. "What the hell? Watch it!"

"What? Alexis! What's happening?" I heard Chase shouting. I pressed 'end call'.

Mrs. Johnson rolled down the windows. She looked at me, her eyes shouting evil. "You're talking to him aren't you?"

I didn't speak. I couldn't bring myself to. I just felt so.. so defenseless.

"Come here." she gestured with a finger.

Without thinking, I followed her. I headed towards the open window. "Y-Yes?"

She abruptly grabbed my phone from my hand, and looked at the screen. "My oh my, I was right," she angled her head and raised an eyebrow. Suddenly, she threw my phone on the concrete ground, breaking it in half.

I gasped, then swallowed, while staring at her. I shook my head. "What was that for?!" I yelled, my breathing was rapid from anger.

It took forever for me to earn money for that blackberry! Three freaking months, goddamn it!

"Now you know your place. I don't like you and never will, got that?" she put on a fake smile. "Stay away from my son. You want money? Here," she opened her bag, and took bills out from her wallet. She threw it out the window. "There. If you want more, just tell me."

My eyes scanned the bills on the ground. There were fifties, hundreds, twenties... I looked back up at Chase's mom. Anger burned through my system as I replied, "I don't need your money. I didn't know there were people like you." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I don't need your son, at all. Have him. He's all yours." I knew I was lying... I need him now more than ever...

She smirked. "I'm glad you know your place. Good girl. Your bus is here, and I'm telling you, don't ever contact my son again. You have no idea what I can do to you... and your family." she warned me before driving away.

The tears I've been holding in finally burst out, like an overflowing dam. I got onto the bus, feeling like the world just ended. I looked back at my broken phone. I wanted to come back for my sim card.. but no, I can't talk to him anymore. I have to stop seeing him. He's just a guy Alexis.. Just a guy...

I Hate You, JerkOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara