I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 42 (End)

Alexis POV

A week went by, and no news about Chase. I recovered, still no news. Where did he go? Why did he leave?

It's now been a little over six months. His mom and I have a better relationship now, ever since I braved it and went to his house. His mom had told me she had no idea where he was. Her attitude was a whole lot better, she even invited me inside for coffee. It kind of surprised me a bit.

Even Monica didn't know his whereabouts.

The employees in his company had no clue either, and for now, someone else was taking over his position.

I feel like I'm going insane. Not seeing him everyday, not feeling his touch, it's driving me crazy. Why would he just leave me like that? There had to be a reason...

"Alexis, are you okay?" Cynthia waved a hand in front of me. I was standing in front of the expresso machine, staring off into distance. "Look at your queue, there's about six people in line. They're starting to look pissed."

I snapped out of my thoughts and continued frantically taking orders and making coffee.

"Hey there," a man spoke. I looked up.

"Hi," I looked into his greenish blue eyes and smiled. "What can I do for you today?"

"Well, I have a proposal... Mind if I take a minute and tell you?"

Confused, I nodded, "Yes, sure."

He smiled at me, "I'm the vice principal at Brickwood Elementary, and we're holding a basketball game there for children that are paralyzed from waist down for charity," he paused, "And you know, we were wondering if maybe Starbucks could be one of the sponsors? You guys could come there and sell coffee to the parents and other people. I just thought it would be a great idea. Here's my calling card. Let me know." he handed me a small, white card with his name and number on it.

"I'll talk to my boss about it." I gave him a reassuring smile.

----------------------------

"Let's go, Alexis!" Monica yelled from downstairs. I peeked out my blinds and saw that Eric's car had arrived. He was going to drive us to the school for the basketball charity game.

"Coming!" I shouted back as I slung my purse over my shoulder. I hurried down the stairs, stopping by the kitchen for a quick drink before leaving and locking the door.

I hopped into the car. Monica glared at me. "What took you so long?"

I ignored her, fastening my seatbelt and smiling excitedly. "I'm so pumped!"

Eric and Monica laughed, "Well, you love basketball, I wouldn't be surprised." Eric said.

We continued to converse about different things, and minutes later we'd arrived at the school. For the first time in a while, I was thinking about other things besides Chase. Monica left first because she really had to go to the bathroom, so it was me and Eric left behind. I was about to hop out of the car when Eric's voice startled me.

"Alexis,"

I turned, "Yeah?"

"I just want you to know that I love you. I always have and always will."

I avoided his gaze and looked out the window, "We've talked about this alr-"

"I know, I just felt like telling you," he shrugged and smiled. I flashed him a quick smile, feeling kind of awkward.

"You're acting like I'm going to be taken away from you or something."

He muttered something like 'Yeah you are.' But I simply ignored it and made my way to the gymnasium.