I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 41

Kayla's Note:

This chapter has ALOT of POV switching so watch out! Don't get confused! I have bad news.... my hard drive completely CRASHED for no apparent reason at all! And I'm like fuming mad because I had a whole story saved on it! It's my fault for not backing up -.- I'm writing this from a NEW hard drive and this time, I've backed it up. I'm paranoid now. From now on, I will write my stories in drafts instead of word. UGH! My story Crystal Clear was saved on it, all 40 pages. All gone down the drain. I've lost all hope of reviving it. I'll post it up when I do revive my stupid hard drive. Anyways, enough rant, enjoy this chapter!

---------------------------------

Chase POV

Eric cleared his throat before speaking, his eyes still glaring angrily at me. "I'm going to get coffee." he turned on his heels and walked out, slamming the door behind him. Son of a gun.

I turned around and nearly broke down from seeing Alexis lying on the bed, motionless, wires poked into parts of her pale body. There was a steady beeping coming from the machine beside her. I took a seat on the chair next to the bed and held her hand, holding it up to my heart.

"Hey. Can you feel my heart? It's beating for you. It's always been that way. Don't you want to wake up yet?" I said in a low, quiet voice. "I'll stay here until you do."

I closed my eyes firmly, taking her hand and lightly pressing my lips onto it. My heart hurt whenever I looked at her body. Her arms were filled with cuts, and she had a nasty bruise on her elbow. Why couldn't I be in this position instead of her?

The door suddenly creaked open and I twisted around to check who it was. Monica.

I smiled, "Hey."

"Hey." she said as she put down the bags on the floor. "How is she?"

"Still sleeping."

Monica heaved a sigh, walking towards me and wrapping her arms around my neck from behind. "What exactly happened?" I asked. It's about time someone explained to me why Alexis was running across the road.

"Apparently, she was going to go meet up with you."

I raised an eyebrow and stood up, causing Monica to shift back a little. So Alexis was going to go to the park to meet me?

"Go on...."

"Because... because she wanted to break it off with you...." she looked down, "She was running across the street when a truck struck her."

A lump began to gather in my throat. She was going to meet me just to break it off?

"Chase... I- I don't know if she was really going to break up with you.... I-"

"It's fine."

"No-"

"It's fine, it really is." I nodded unconvincingly and sat back down. "I'm sleepy. Mind if I sleep on this couch? You can go in the bigger one, it's softer anyways."

She eyed me before replying slowly, "O...kay. Yeah, that's fine." she was about to turn when she spoke again, "Listen, if you need anything, just tell me, alright?"

I flashed her a quick smile, before turning around and fluffing the couch cushions. "She'll be alright, right? Take care of her, okay?"

I heard Monica chuckle softly. "You're acting like you're going to leave or something,"

I simply smiled to myself, glancing at Alexis' peaceful sleeping  face.

Cassandra POV