I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 6

Chase POV

I held my hand out for Alexis to shake, but she ignored it. What was I thinking? I smirked and made my way to the back of my car to take my stuff out. She looks cute when she's pissed off.

After I got everyone's stuff out of the car, I walked to the picnik table, where Monica had started to boil water for noodles. "Pssst," I called, nudging her arm slightly.

"What?" she whispered. "I thought you were going to back out." I scoffed.

"Why would I?" I laughed softly. "I came because Alexis was here. And of course, for your birthday." I wrapped my arms around her and smiled. But not like the romantic kind of way where you wrap your arm around your girlfriend's waist and act all sweet. We were just friends.

Monica laughed as she put the lid on the kettle. "Thanks anyways," "Anytime." I turned around to get our tent set up when I saw Alexis glaring at me. Did I do something? ... Oh, right. That night. I smirked at her.

Alexis POV

I was walking back from the washroom when I saw Chase's arm around my sister's. My blood boiled upon sight of this annoying human being. Why was his arms around my sister? Monica's too precious to be hounded by a maniac like him. I stood at a spot, glaring at him. He suddenly turned around, sending my heartbeat to an awkward, fast, pace.

He smirked. Wow, he has a cute smile. Wait, what was I thinking?

I turned around, ignoring his smirk. Ugh. How am I going to enjoy this camping trip when this weirdo is here?

"Dinner time guys!" Monica cupped her mouth and yelled, then picked up a bunch of styrofoam bowls and set them on the table. People gathered around the small picnic table, all grabbing their own bowls. Monica stood at the portable stove, holding a laddle and serving everyone soups and some noodles. I felt like I was at an orphanage, or something.

I glanced at Chase (I have no idea why) and I saw that he wasn't eating. He was busy putting together the tent. He was trying to balance the tent up, causing his muscles to stick out so sexily. He wiped his sweat from his forehead and suddenly took his tank top off. Oh, my God! I was rewarded with an eyeful of six-packs, each sticking out so nicely that it was almost perfect.

Wake up, Alexis! I shook my head as I snapped back to reality. Hmm... my feet felt hot...

"AAAAAAAAAAH!" I shrieked, hopping up and down as I threw my bowl to the ground. I had spilled soup of my foot! I didn't realize I was holding my bowl at an angle.

Stupid guy and his muscles. This was all his fault, again! He's a bad guy.

My sister rushed to my side, spilling ice cold water on my foot, which made me scream even louder.

"Shut up Alexis! There's other people here!" Monica glared at me, and I looked around and noticed a few folks were walking by, whispering to the other person while laughing.

"God! It's so hot!" Chase was walking towards me. Ugh! So embarassing! Wait, why am I embarassed?

"Are you okay?" he looked at me, his eyes screaming innocent. "Let me see," he knelt down and took my foot and examined it. My heart was too busy beating fast for me to take my foot away. But I quickly gripped reality.

"Let go of my foot!" I gave him a mean stare while snatching my foot from his hold.

"This is all your fault!" I frowned, crossing my arms, waiting for him to walk away. Please walk away! I hate you! He put his hands in the air.

"Whoa, sorry for caring," he raised his eyebrows. "I'll go then, geez, spaz."

I rolled my eyes and whispered, "Jerk,"

"What was that?" Monica asked, with an amused smile on her face. Why was she smiling?

"Nothing. What's so funny?" my forehead creased. "You want some hot chocolate? I can boil some water for you."

"Um, uh, okay," I said, confused by the sudden change of subject. Whatever. My feet hurt. And I'm cold. I want to go home. Now.